Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lunsford Hill (Read 401 times)

Elly.

Well, it was inevitable. After staying out of the park for a few days because of the bitter cold, we have a new "memorial" in the park. 

The well known graffiti on nine mile hill has made it official......somebody apparently paid to have a post installed at the sight that says "Lunsford Hill".  Hmmm wish they paid some money to fix Tornado Road rather than install a pylon.  Oh yeah .... the pavement is still marked up. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.  The pavement is still marked up.  But. They got to put in a post.  Rewarded for their poor behavior, it seems.

About Tornado road, I spoke with park folks today.  They cannot touch ti until FEMA decides whether and how much to fix it.  So it may be tied up in red tape for a long time to come, even if money is available.

The Striders' 1 mile post still ain't up yet.

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, it's not "shell" hill - it's "shale" hill.

just sayin'.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

I never knew Mr. Lunsford, but was always glad to see his name on that hill.  Lundsford Hill is a much nicer name than what I normally hear people call it.  I have often said that if I die right after running in the park, one of you lunkheads had better memorialize me with random graffiti, lest I come back to haunt you all.  

I think the pylon is a nice touch.  I hope to get a look at it soon.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dallas, I already use your name when cursing one-mile hill.  At least I think it is your name.  It is at least a curse.

Elly.

Well, Dallas.  We'll build you a statue ... of a monkey going to heaven below would the the words "Dallas done Died in Deze Dales".  But I'll be damned if I spray paint the road! .....

Elly.

just sayin'.

Trent renames all the roads and hills to suit his purposes. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think the staute is supposed to say "Dallas done died".

Elly.

I think the statue is supposed to say "Dallas done died".

Nahhhh ... I envision Dallas dropping on a hill, and rolling down the wooded dale.  All the time the monkeys are laughing their asses off at him.   

Why is it sideways?

just sayin'.

Hey, that actually makes sense. Silly Trent.

"run" "2" "eat"

"shale" and "shell" sound the same when pronounced with a tennessee accent, so that's probably the source of the confusion.

either that, or trent's a complete idiot... sort of a toss-up, really.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hoodoo Guru

Nahhhh ... I envision Dallas dropping on a hill, and rolling down the wooded dale.  All the time the monkeys are laughing their asses off at him.   

That is exactly how I envision it, except we don't really have dales here, we have hollers. And we don't have false dichotomies either, we have lies and damn lies. 

Trent and I had an argument about "dales" and "hollers" one time, and bless his little pea pickin' heart he was able to show a map of the Harpeth Hills with a holler or two designated as "dales."  But those were named by them damn yankees at some point in our past, and you think a country boy from Kentucky like Trent would know that.

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

HEY DALLAS!

Hoodoo Guru

Hey.

The tangents are moot.