Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Beer Mile at Bill's House (Read 559 times)

BMenees

I'm having a Beer Mile at my house on Father's Day: Sunday, June 21st in the afternoon. We'll run a 1/4 mile loop in the yard and follow the standard beer mile rules. I have an in-ground pool so we can swim afterward, and we'll grill out too. That should give everyone time to detox a little before hitting the road. It's cool to bring a guest, but at least one person per car has to participate in the beer mile. It's free, but it's BYOB: 12oz cans or bottles. There will be bibs because I don't like races without them. If you're interested, please send me an email (Bill 'at' Menees.com), and I'll put you on the sign-up list. I'll also email you back the important details like time, location, and course map (once I figure the course out).
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will be out of town. Undecided

Why is it sideways?

Me too.
        BMenees

Yeah, that's unfortunate on both accounts. I wish there was a date that worked for everybody. If it goes well this year, then next year I'll be able to give more notice and maybe pick a date that won't conflict for you. Trent, is Grandma's always the day before Father's Day (and don't you run a clinic up there that week)?
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Grandma's is always the same day as moonpie, it seems. Yep, I'll be working in a Summer camp clinic for 10 days around it.

The Thunder

If Tanya goes, Liz and I will come.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I already "signed up" for it through the Striders board. It is a terrible, terrible idea. Foolish. Monkey-esque, even. See you all there!

The Thunder

I already "signed up" for it through the Striders board. It is a terrible, terrible idea. Foolish. Monkey-esque, even. See you all there!
                  Wait...I thought you'd be out of the country....what have I gotten myself into!

Meh, $5 is $5...

I like this. I'm not in beer mile form but I'm in. Last night was technically a beer overdistance training run
                      Wait...I thought you'd be out of the country....what have I gotten myself into!
                      We're gone June 3-14...Just in time to get back and run Moonpie out of shape and then complete the wreckage with a beer mile the next day!

The Thunder

We're gone June 3-14...Just in time to get back and run Moonpie out of shape and then complete the wreckage with a beer mile the next day!
                        By the way, my birthday party just moved to Tanya's house on Saturday night June 6th. BYOB, in case she doesn't have enough booze there for us!

Remember to bring some gin for the cats! They like to get smashed and say things like, "Man, I am drunk as a dog."

The Thunder

Remember to bring some gin for the cats! They like to get smashed and say things like, "Man, I am drunk as a dog."
                            Heh. Damn your wit....damn it!

BMenees

The 2009 Nashville Beer Mile has a web site now:

http://www.menees.com/BeerMile/

It has all the race details: time, location, course map, etc.

I have to cap the race at 25 runners, and it's about half full (or half empty?) now.

I'd also love to have a few volunteers to take pictures, videos, drunk people's keys, etc.

Meh, $5 is $5...

And the countdown begins.