Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2010 Nashville Beer Mile (Read 702 times)

BMenees

I’m hosting a beer mile at my house again this summer -- chug a beer every quarter mile and see who can run the mile the fastest.  We had a blast last year!  The race is free, and I’m going to cap it at 25 runners.

The race is on a weekend with no local racing conflicts (at least not with the Nashville Striders or Team Magic races).  It’s on Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 2pm.  It’ll be hot, but it should be great swimming weather for the after-party.

To sign-up to run, email Info@NashvilleBeerMile.com with your first name, nickname, last name, gender, and age on July 17, 2010.  To sign-up to volunteer, reply and let me know what you’d like to do (e.g., timer, beer checker, course monitor).

Check out www.NashvilleBeerMile.com for more info.  There's also a Facebook page at Nashville Beer Mile if you'd like to be a fan.

The Thunder

I am in...but hopefully the photos from this year won't end up advertising some other race.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Elly.

Well, I guess that depends on how good I do. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

BMenees

hopefully the photos from this year won't end up advertising some other race.

Did that happen last year?  What photos and what other race?

The Thunder

Well, I guess that depends on how good I do. 

Oh man...we can't have a pro there!

BMenees

Thunder, don't make me choose between you and Elly.  You know I'd choose Elly!
                so how many spos are left?
                  Even with a broken groin, this was one of my favorite races last year, if I remember correctly. Which I don't.

The Thunder

Even with a broken groin, this was one of my favorite races last year, if I remember correctly. Which I don't.

+1

BMenees

so how many spos are left?

There are 18 runners registered so far, so 7 spots left.  There are 5 volunteers signed up including Elly as photographer.

Only three runners from last year haven't signed back up:

• Mark "Frothy Marky" Carver
                      • Justin "Breakdown" Patterson
                      • Tonya "Black Warrior Princess" Lumphrey

I'm surprised I haven't heard from Justin.  He tried to get me to have another beer mile last fall, so he could get some redemption and/or put his co-workers claims to rest.  Now's his chance!

(Justin, just don't run 17 in PWP before coming to the beer mile this year.  Just do 5-8 easy that morning, then hammer at the beer mile!)

MTA: Some new runners this year include Tim O'Leary, Josh Hite, and John Ramsay.  It should be a really interesting year.

thats a helluva retention rate.  hite and KoB.  whew. i need to start training.

The Thunder

thats a helluva retention rate.  hite and KoB.  whew. i need to start training.

Yah I'm going to do some workouts for this year.

Elly.

Oh man...we can't have a pro there!

Thunder ... you forget .... I'm going to be drinking, too!  I'm not stupid enough to run, drink .... although I think I would win my age group!

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

The Thunder

Thunder ... you forget .... I'm going to be drinking, too!  I'm not stupid enough to run, drink .... although I think I would win my age group!

Okay, 1 beer for every photo you take!  Woooohoooooo!