Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

striders track thingy (Read 584 times)

The King of Beasts

who is going? does it conflict with the summer of malmo stuff?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

The Thunder

I am a solid "Maybe".

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thinking about it.

Tuesday.  Hmmm.  That is my second to last day of training.  Then Wednesday.  Then some sort of thing called a taper...

Unless I can recruit research participants for tomorrow night, I will be there!

Why is it sideways?

I am a solid "Maybe".

Sub 5:00. Take Ramsay with you.

Not going to be at the SoM session today. my leg hurts and I'm hella busy.

And an 800m duel between Lizzy and Trent would be sweet as well.

Sorry I'm gonna miss it.

I'm trying for an 800/1600 double. If I break 3:00 in the 800 I'll pee my pants.

The Thunder

I'm trying for an 800/1600 double. If I break 3:00 in the 800 I'll pee my pants.

Better wear a diaper there then.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I'm shooting for a 400m PR.

The striders track thingy was fun.  Nice to meet you JHorner, and Anotherone. 

And I got a nice lesson on how to race the mile courtesy of Runlizzy - thanks Big grin.

Also thanks to JHorner for the short run tips.

A couple of impressive things - one was the 13 yr old girl who ran 5:48 for the mile.

The other was the 8 yr old boy who ran a screaming fast 100 leg of a relay.  I talked to his Dad and the kid can run the 100 in about 15 seconds, and the look on the kids face when he runs is pure intensity - awesome for an 8 yr old.

I was a little bit intimidated to come out, but once I got there I got over it and just enjoyed it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I got a nice lesson on how not to race the mile courtesy of Trent - thanks Big grin.

You got it.

You got it.

Unfortunately I learned that lesson pretty fast....almost like I'm a natural.

Oh well - you'll have time to focus on the mile after you BQ at Grandmas.   You are tapering, right?

Tony - let's do it again next week (+ Deanna)? Only this time you'll have to join me for a beer after (I will bring homebrew). Hopefully I'll be able to talk myself into running the 800 next time... this week I couldn't subdue the pain of the mile in time.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tapering?

Whassat?

For real: goal is closer to 3:30.  BQ for me is 3:20, a nice goal for the Fall.

Why is it sideways?

Unfortunately I learned that lesson pretty fast....almost like I'm a natural.

Oh well - you'll have time to focus on the mile after you BQ at Grandmas.   You are tapering, right?

Wearing his Garmin during the mile cost him at least 5 seconds. The other 5 seconds were lost when he logged the Garmin data.

Why can't I post?

MTA: wrong font encoding for those hip on browser problems. Looks like RA doesn't support utf-8 (e.g. unicode).