Northern California Forum

Marin County Marathon RR (Read 191 times)

Just checking in with a quick race report on the inaugural Marin County Marathon last weekend. Something of a misnomer, however, since the marathon was actually cancelled a couple days before the race due to lack of interest (60 people signed up, which apparently wasn't enough.... organizers insist that the hefty $135 entry fee had nothing to do with it). The half and 10K went ahead as planned, and we did the 10K as a training run just to check it out. Can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I'd planned on doing the marathon! Departed from McNears beach in San Rafael at 9:00 (HM left at 8:00), went up San Pedro Road a ways then returned to the beach on the hiking trails. I liked the half road, half trail set up. Very scenic running along the bay but it was much hillier than I expected. Quickly got way too hot, and both events should have started earlier. The bagpiper to the starting line was a nice touch, if somewhat random. Anyway, I enjoyed it but it's hard to know if it will be back next year. Anyone else there last weekend?

Lush Extraordinaire

Bagpipes are awesome. Big grin Did they at least refund those who had signed up for the marathon?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Shut the eff up and run.

Hope so! Not sure I'd want to bank on a credit for next year....