Northern California Forum

Who is running what races next year? (Read 296 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Anything in mind?  I signed up for the Avenue of the Giants Marathon in May.  I'm freaked out.  LOL  I'll do some other smaller local races and a half marathon at some point (maybe Fall).  What about you?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

I don't have anything planned except for a 10k Jingle Jog in Meadow Vista tomorrow.......I need a new marathon to get me off my butt!
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      AnneCA

February - SF Half Marathon

March -- Oakland Marathon

I want to do the Skyline 50k the first weekend of August; it would be my first ultra.  I've run almost every section of the course -- in much smaller chunks -- and I think it would be a fun experience for my first ultra to be on such familiar trails.  It's as "in my backyard" as any ultra could be.  But then I read about the Skyline to the Sea 50k in April.  I love those trails, even if it's been years since I've been on them, and the course definitely has a favorable elevation profile  (as the name suggests).  And it's a month after the Oakland Marathon, so that might work well with training. (I'd be fine with not "racing" the Oakland Marathon).  I'd love any feedback on those plans or particular races. 

Other marathons I'm looking at, depending on what I decide on the ultra front:  Ave. of Giants, Bizz Johnson, and CIM.  I guess I've really caught the marathon bug!

kcam

Anne, looks like you've definitely caught the marathon bug, don't forget to have fun running shorter distances too.  Good luck in that ultra.

stfuandrun - Ave of the Giants is on my to-do list but it probably won't be this year.  It's supposed to be a good one. 

January plans:

California 10miler in Stockton (Jan 10th)

SF Kaiser 1/2 Marathon or the Davis Stampede 1/2 marathon (both are on Feb 7)

Rest of the year? Who knows!

Definites include:

Boston Marathon - April

Marin Memorial Day Races (10K) - May (I highly recommend this one, possibly my favorite race of the year)

Run San Ramon (5K) - July

Dammit Run (5miler Los Gatos) - August

San Jose 1/2 Marathon - September

Silicon Valley Marathon - October

Clarksburg Country Run (30K) - October

Probably a bunch of other 5 and 10Ks sprinkled in.  Need to fill out the schedule.  I'll come up with a spreadsheet of possibilites and then pick and choose the ones that help me the most for the above races.

Should be a fun year.  Good luck and good running to everyone in 2010.

I recommend The Ave - I ran it last year, and despite re-injuring my knee at mile 10, I still enjoyed the scenery.

I've been battling minor illness and injuries these past 3 months, but I want to run the Pacific Coast Trail Run series on Jan 23rd. I'd like to do the 30Km, but may have to opt for the 21Km. It's less than a mile from where I lived when I went to high school.

ScriptCal

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I recommend The Ave - I ran it last year, and despite re-injuring my knee at mile 10, I still enjoyed the scenery.

Can you tell me how hilly it is?  It seems that some people say that it's really hilly and brutal and others say it's mostly flat.  I love hills and train on them almost every day (part of the territory, right?), but I just want to know what I'm in for, know what I mean?

I'm really looking forward to it.  It's going to be a blast.  And painful.  Mostly painful.

Can you tell me how hilly it is?  It seems that some people say that it's really hilly and brutal and others say it's mostly flat.  I love hills and train on them almost every day (part of the territory, right?), but I just want to know what I'm in for, know what I mean?

I'm really looking forward to it.  It's going to be a blast.  And painful.  Mostly painful.

If you love hills, this will seem mostly flat. There are only easy rolling hills with one exception of a short steeper grade going over an overpass. Unfortunately, it comes during mile 26 - but it is short.

See if this link works:

My race report

ScriptCal

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Thank you for sharing your RR and sorry about your knee.  How is it feeling now?

I did the 10k back in 2007 so I know what freeway overpass you're talking about.  I didn't want my first marathon to be too challenging because I don't know what to expect with running 26.2 miles.  Plus, I love it up there and really wanted to do at least the half marathon this year.  I took the plunge and decided on the full.

My knee's a bit better now, thank for asking. I re-re-injured it in October running easy but on pavement. I've been sticking to dirt/trail/gravel now to see if the surface is the problem. I suspect it's a gait issue, but don't know for certain.

Good luck at the Ave - it should be awesome.

ScriptCal

Anyone else here doing Chanoko Trail Half Marathon in Folsom in March?  I've sent in my registration.

MTA: I also signed up for Devil Mountain 50k in Colorado in July.

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

already signed up for:

Pirate's Cove in March (PCTR)

Sillicon Valley Marathon in October

I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                          Kaiser SF Half on Sunday

Hall of Fame to Notre Dame Marathon in June (class reunion weekend!)

Marine Corps Marathon on Halloween

I want to start doing some trail running this year too.  

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR