Northern California Forum

Napa Valley Trail Marathon (Read 294 times)

Dog-Love

Well my running partner and I are seriously thinking of the Napa Trails marathon in October. Last October we ran the Bizz Johnson Trail and had a great time. We looked into the Big Sur Trail marathon but it is too hilly for us this year. So...we are one step closer to registering for the Napa Valley Trails series. (Thanks for the tip Ewa). Will let you all know when we are "official" Smile
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Looks hilly, about 4000' elevation gain? Fun. They say they sell out months in advance. Have you registered yet? Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

Yikes!!! I looked at the profile for the 10 K and compared to the BigSur trail marathon thought it looked more reasonable. I am trying to coordinate with 2 AK friends and one NY friend do its going to require organization to get us all committed and registered. There is a nice trail run above Berkeley starting at Tilden that also is hilly and also in Oct. I have been running regularly but the hill will be challenging. But as you say...fun! I am still leaning towards Napa and will try to motivate my friends.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)