Northern California Forum

Why I joined (Read 461 times)

Dog-Love

Hi...I am from San Francisco (grew up there) lived in Bodega Bay for 12 years before moving to Juneau AK in 1999. My step daughter lives in Aubern, and I love running in CA. I just ran a marathon in Susanville (Bizz Johnson) but am interested in learning about any races that you all might recommend in N. CA. that are trails. Not desparate now but just to keep in mind. Anything over a 10 K but no longer than a marathon. Thanks
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    spacityrunner

I joined because I used to live/run in Sacramento. Someday I may travel back to do the Davis Stampede (which I did once) or the CIM (which I have not yet done). I cut my running teeth on a Friday night 5K series that is no longer...my very first ever 5k was done at 7 p.m. in 107F temps. I finished. I knew then that I could be a runner. I want to read all about your runs/races. Hope you don't mind and ex-pat looking in on you.

Trails Rock!

talie

trying to beat the bunny

I joined because I used to live/run in Sacramento. Someday I may travel back to do the Davis Stampede (which I did once) or the CIM (which I have not yet done). I cut my running teeth on a Friday night 5K series that is no longer...my very first ever 5k was done at 7 p.m. in 107F temps. I finished. I knew then that I could be a runner. I want to read all about your runs/races. Hope you don't mind and ex-pat looking in on you.
        I'm really sad because I won't be in town for the Stampede this weekend. And wow, I can't imagine running a 5K before 7pm during the summer in Sacramento.
        Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
        - run 1000K
        - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
        kcam

Hi...I am from San Francisco (grew up there) lived in Bodega Bay for 12 years before moving to Juneau AK in 1999. My step daughter lives in Aubern, and I love running in CA. I just ran a marathon in Susanville (Bizz Johnson) but am interested in learning about any races that you all might recommend in N. CA. that are trails. Not desparate now but just to keep in mind. Anything over a 10 K but no longer than a marathon. Thanks
          If you want a good trail race try the double Dipsea. The Dipsea is harder to get into (I guess cuz it's easier) but the Dub is where it's at. http://www.doubledipsea.com/
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey all. I lived in Roseville and Rocklin (Sacramento suburbs) for almost 13 years. My best memories of running in NoCal include the Davis Stampede, Eppies, and the Muir Woods 25k. BTW, for 11 years, I played trombone in the Auburn Symphony. If you live in the foothills, I recommend seeing my old group. Very excellent community orchestra.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You might want to check this out. http://www.pctrailruns.com/ I am quite tempted to do some of the races these folks are organizing. I hear they are great! Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

Thanks for the link...never heard of them and the Joaquin Miller trails are really pretty. Hmmm. May keep those in mind as I plan my visits down South.
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Me and the boys

Living in a small town north of Sacramento. I do most of my runs via TM, due to husbands work schedule (grave yard). Its cool there are quite a few of us! Crabby, I was born and raised near Anchorage, AK! And, coincidentially, Bodega Bay is my favorite place to vacation. LOL
                  -Misty "I would rather try and die, than live and wonder."
                    I live way north of you folks. Like 4-6 hours. I'm in Eureka, about 1 1/2 hours from the CA/OR state line. If you're looking for some good trail running events on which to cut your teeth, check out Pacific Coast Trail Runs, www.pctrailruns.com It's a great group of folks working very hard to bring you a fun event. Fantastic aid stations, and just about all you can eat chili and chicken soup at the end. Their Motto: "Runs That Aren't Races in Beautiful Places." Just come and have a good time. Hope to get to know you all better. I mostly post over on the Masters group under 40s On the Run. We're all 40 (or veeeery close to 40), and we have a great time. Feel free to come check it out. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance