Northern California Forum

2011 Races? (Read 131 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

What races are you doing this year?

I am doing the Windsor Green Half Marathon on May 22nd and the Santa Rosa Marathon (hopefully, won't know for sure until I get my clinical schedule for Fall) on August 28th.  There are a couple of local 5k and 10k's that I will do as well. 

So. What about you?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Shamrock'n Half tomorrow in Sacramento.  Santa Cruz Half in April.  5K in May right near my house here in Sac.  It's local fun race that I actually was able to age group place last year and get a free Pizookie from BJ's. 

After those three, whatever sounds good which is always the Cowtown (now Urban Cow) in October and possibly the CIM in December again if my knee heals.  I'll probably take some time off after the 5K in May.

Doing the Oakland HM the weekend after next.  Then a marathon in Ireland on April 10.  Bay to Breakers 12K in May.  San Francisco HM on July 31.  Probably doing the Giant Race HM instead of the Santa Rosa HM at the end of August, but haven't decided for sure.  Then Berlin marathon on September 25.  Probably CIM in December.  

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Oooohh! Exciting races for you!  Although, I am sad that I won't get to see you again in Santa Rosa. Sad

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

I've decided to race much more this year then is typical for me to see if that gets me any faster. So far I've only done one 10K though. I plan on doing the SacTown 10 mile April 3rd and try to hit as many LMJS fourth Sunday races as possible. I'll do DSE's lake Merced 1/2 marathon in September as per usual. Maybe do CIM in December.

ScriptCal

kcam

Racing can be just the thing you need to get a little faster. I probably race more weekends than I don't - and I've gotten steadily faster since I started doing this.  At 49, I know it can't last much longer but I'm having a lot of fun while it does.

I'm running Across the Bay 12K tomorrow morning in San Francisco.  It's looking pretty bad for weather.  35mph winds, rain, maybe some hail - bet it'll be worse than that running over the GG bridge.  I can't wait!

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=CA20110319205400WindAdvisory20110320150000CA.MTRNPWMTR.7e0d96885fcc335ad4258695fdc9d7af