Northern California Forum

Looking for Nor Cal Race Aug 4-11 (Read 161 times)

Howdy!!! I'm visiting Family in Fort Bragg CA for the week of aug 4-11th, and was hoping to find a 5k or small road race... or group to run with.  Any suggestions??? Santa Rosa? San Fransisco? anything?

thanks!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

The North Coast Striders (www.striders.org) cover that area if you want to check out their website and see if there is a way to get a hold of someone for a group run deal. 

The Lake County Milers (www.lakecountymilers.com) are a bit further over but we (Yes, we. A shameless plug as I am the VP of the club. LOL) have long runs on Sundays if you're willing to drive a way to run with a group. Feel free to check out the site and shoot an email to the club president, Jeanine, if you're interested.

Empire Runners (www.empirerunners.org) cover Sonoma county.

I'm not aware of any local races that week, though.  Sorry. Sad

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

kcam

A friend of mine is visiting SF that same week and asked if there was a race she could run on the 7th or 8th.  Unfortunately, the calendar is dry that weekend.  So we're going to run the Presidio XC 5K race in SF on the 8th.  It's a club race put on by the DSE runners (meaning it's not a big 'Event' with Tshirts etc, probably cost $10 to enter), I've never done that race but the DSE guys do a great job at these club races.  The Presidio is a nice place to run. 

Presidio XC 5k