Northern California Forum

What races do you have coming up? (Read 371 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I have the Hit the Road Jack 10k on the 1st. What do you have coming up?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

nothing local. just the Grand Teton Trail Marathon on Labor Day Weekend.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        I thought I'd try the Oakland Lake Merritt Joggers and Striders 4th Sunday run in June. It'll be my first race in over two years, just my third race in the last 20 years. I'll try the 10Km.

ScriptCal

obiebyke

Right on, ScriptCal. It's a fun environment. As I've posted about, I'm doing a Red Cross 5k fun run in Golden Gate Park on June 1st.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

kcam

Lupus Run 5K on June 1st in Saratoga. Maybe the 10K up in Kentfield this coming Mem day. 10k in Kentfield - done. That was a very good course, in case any of you ever want a fast, well organized race. Cool finish on the College of Marin track. I did 40:33 (disappointing because I thought I could go under 40) but I did finish fast with miles 5 and 6 being the fastest of the race for me. Did Lupus 5K 19:24! I'm gettin in the swing of things! BTW, the Lupus course is NOT flat but it is fun and for a good cause.
            stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

My next race is the Kenwood (??) 10k on July 4th. 40 something is a fantastic time! I am slow. LOL

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

kcam

Good luck on the 4th. I think there's a race up in the City called the Bananna something or other that I've been told is excellent for a fast time. I think it's June 21. If I can nail it down I'll be at that one.
                  Juyly 12 - Siskiyou Out and Back (SOB) 50k, Ashland, OR August 9/10 - Headlands 100 (crewing for a friend) September 6 - Trinity Alps 18 mile run just for fun w/friends October 12 - Bizz Johnson Marathon

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AnneCA

Good luck on the 4th. I think there's a race up in the City called the Bananna something or other that I've been told is excellent for a fast time. I think it's June 21. If I can nail it down I'll be at that one.
                    Stadium to Stadium 10k is on 6/21 (see other thread). The Banana Chase 5k/10k is on September 14. They're both in SF. I think I'm going to do the Stadium to Stadium, but then I don't see any races until September. I'm out of town for the SF Marathon, or I would have aimed for that half. Anyway, between September and November there are so many I'm eyeing: Banana Chase on 9/14; Bridge to Bridge on 10/5 (I did it as a 7k last year and will do it as a 12k this year); US Half Marathon on 11/2; and Run Wild 10k on 11/30. Could I do them all? I definitely want to do the B2B and the US Half. That will be my first half (would have done the Nike Women's, but didn't get a number). Run Wild is long enough after the half that it shouldn't be a problem. But doing both the Banana Chase and the B2B in those weeks leading up to the US Half might be too much. Thoughts?
                    kcam

Hard to say if those are too close together for you. Is your 'big' race the US half? If so, I might run the B2B as a kind of a speed workout. Maybe hold something back on that one? MTA - if you look at my log you'll see I'm certainly no expert on racing. I've only done one 10K and one 5K in the last 8 years!
                        Desert High 30k, Ridgecrest, CA, December 7

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance