Northern California Forum

Intro (Read 639 times)

talie

trying to beat the bunny

Hi! My name is Natalie and I live in Davis. I'm a relative newbie to running and have just gotten to the point of being able to run a 5K. I'm in a Running for Women class and our new goal is a 10K. If I get really ambitious I may shoot for the Cowtown Half Marathon in October.
    Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
    - run 1000K
    - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
      I live in Auburn, and run mostly trails. I long time ago I ran many of the organized races in the San Jose and San Fransicsco area. I've run a few of the organized races in the Sacramento area now that I live in Auburn
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      AnneCA

Cool Greetings from Oakland! I'm aiming to be a 15 mile/week runner, and do most of it on the city streets around my house. I work in downtown SF, and sometimes get in a run over lunch hour along the waterfront. I did a couple of Bay Area races last year -- Bridge to Bridge, Run Wild (formerly known as the Run to the Far Side) -- and I'm hoping to get some more in this year. Next on deck is the Chinatown New Year's 10k, on 2/17, which is around SF's Chinatown and along the Embarcadero. If all goes well, I'm planning on doing my first half (in 15 years) at the SF Marathon in the start of August. And, Trails -- I've appeared at that courthouse! (in your avatar pic)
        obiebyke

Hey all, I'm sitting at my desk in Berkeley, wishing I was at my apartment in Oakland. Or at my gym in Emeryville! Glad to see a NoCal forum! I'm out with an injury until next Monday (crossing my fingers that I don't need more rest than that). I'm doing the Couch to 5k program, and I plan to run my first race around Lake Merritt either the fourth Sunday of March (original plan) or April (maybe, because of injury). I also want to run the Pride Run in SF, and maybe a couple others here and there.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Cool And, Trails -- I've appeared at that courthouse! (in your avatar pic)
            We're very proud of our beautiful building here in Auburn. It is really the "symbol" of our cute little town. Glad to have all of you join!
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            talie

trying to beat the bunny

trails - Is that snow recent? We're heading up the hill to Soda Springs on Weds and will have our luck cut out for us if we've got snow as low as Auburn. Shocked
              Natalie

- run 1000K
              giddy-yup

Hey everybody! Thought I'd join the fun. Work in Oakland, live in Marin. Got started running on trails and moved to road racing a few years ago. Planning a little of both for races this year: Recently signed up for the Sequoia Trail Run 10K, in Joaquin Miller park. Would love hearing anybody's experiences with Pacific Coast Trail Runs (the organizers) or from anybody else who's running this race. If all goes well, I may try one of the other races they have going in NoCal this year too. And, like Anne, my wife and I are planning on running the SF 1/2 Marathon also. (the 1st 1/2).
                  trails - Is that snow recent? We're heading up the hill to Soda Springs on Weds and will have our luck cut out for us if we've got snow as low as Auburn. Shocked
                  No - this was taken last year, I think, in one of the heavier snowfalls we've had since we've lived year. Have fun at Soda Springs -snow park?.
                    Recently signed up for the Sequoia Trail Run 10K, in Joaquin Miller park. Would love hearing anybody's experiences with Pacific Coast Trail Runs (the organizers) or from anybody else who's running this race. If all goes well, I may try one of the other races they have going in NoCal this year too.
                    Everthing I've heard about them has been great, although i've never ran in one of their events before. Have a great time! Smile
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey all. I lived in Roseville and Rocklin (Sacramento suburbs) for almost 13 years. My best memories of running in NoCal include the Davis Stampede, Eppies, and the Muir Woods 25k. BTW, for 11 years, I played trombone in the Auburn Symphony. If you live in the foothills, I recommend seeing my old group. Very excellent community orchestra.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Greetings from the peninsula (15 miles south of SF). I'm recovering from injuries but should be running regularly again (crossing fingers).

ScriptCal

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Hello everyone! I live in the Lake/Mendocino County area. I plan on running my first 10k in Weott (the Ave of the Giants). I am stoked about it!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

talie

trying to beat the bunny

No - this was taken last year, I think, in one of the heavier snowfalls we've had since we've lived year. Have fun at Soda Springs -snow park?.
                            We rented a cabin up at Serene Lakes. We just love it up there. Big grin
                            Natalie

- run 1000K
                            talie

trying to beat the bunny

Hello everyone! I live in the Lake/Mendocino County area. I plan on running my first 10k in Weott (the Ave of the Giants). I am stoked about it!
                              My dh was going to run the Avenue of Giants marathon this year but decided to hold off and do the CIM (California International Marathon) instead. He's a triathlete so CIM's December date worked better for him. I thought the Avenue of Giants looked like a gorgeous race to do though.
                              Natalie

- run 1000K
                              AnneCA

Talie, will you be skiing? I used to XC at Royal Gorge all the time, although we didn't stay up there much. Now the drive is just too much of a hassle with the two little ones, plus they can't do a 30k day with me, so . . . . Wink I miss XC though.