Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Sloppy Cuckoo - New date 10/11 (Read 11 times)

Hi all, I just signed up for the Sloppy Cuckoo 10k (6.55 mile) since they changed the date from Popepocalypse weekend to October 11th.  My new house, which I'm moving into in a couple weeks, is less than a mile from the start.

Anyone else planning to run - 12 hour, 26.2, 13.1 or 10k?

http://www.uberendurancesports.com/Sloppycuckoo.html

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Maybe, depends on how I'm recovering from NC 24 three weeks prior.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Popepocalypse weekend

From what I've been hearing that may very good way to describe it.  Apparently they don't have enough emergency services to cover the events, so they are asking ambulance crews to just show up to the area. Since there is no money to pay for these services the crews are to pay for the fuel for the ambulances themselves. Sounds like a cluster. If I was down there I'd find a race on that weekend and get out of town.

In reply to your original question. I'd love to come down that way and I'd be interested in the 12 hour, but it seems I always work when this race is running.

From what I've been hearing that may very good way to describe it.  Apparently they don't have enough emergency services to cover the events, so they are asking ambulance crews to just show up to the area. Since there is no money to pay for these services the crews are to pay for the fuel for the ambulances themselves. Sounds like a cluster. If I was down there I'd find a race on that weekend and get out of town.

In reply to your original question. I'd love to come down that way and I'd be interested in the 12 hour, but it seems I always work when this race is running.

We're going camping on Pope weekend. Still worried about the road closures and traffic though trying to get out on Friday and back on Sunday.

If you can find a way to make it to Philly for Sloppy Cuckoo, shower and beers await at my new casa if need be! (If you can't tell I'm pretty excited to live near trails).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where did you move to? That is super exciting to be near trails.

Not doing Sloppy Cuokoo but I will be running BC the weekend before.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday