Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Eastern States 100 (Read 32 times)

Brian Runner

Registration opened last night and according to facebook 25% of the spots have been filled in the first 10 hours.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Registration opened last night and according to facebook 25% of the spots have been filled in the first 10 hours.

50 spots in the first 10 hours? That was 50 people that thought it would fill quickly.  I'd like to see the number after another day or two.  Maybe it won't fill up that quickly.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Brian Runner

I'm hearing that its up to 75 now.

Brian Runner

84 registered in the first 24 hours, with runners from CA, AZ, TX, FL New England and Japan.

Daydreamer1

It's up to 92 now. Of course some of the well known  local and regional runners are signing up as expected. I'm wondering if any of the top, more nationally known  runners will sign up. I tend to think that they will wait a year or two to see how things work out.

Brian Runner

Hard to say. Some of the top western races are hard to get into, even for elite level runners so this might provide an interesting option.

I also wonder how set in stone the 200 runner limit is. Was it self-imposed or did it come from the DNRC. If it reaches the cap in the next few days... and it very well might... perhaps some slots will be added.. maybe even reserved for some top guns who have yet to plan their season for 2014.

Daydreamer1

I'm sure if an elite runner wants to get in the cap will be massaged a little to let them in, especially since it's a new race. I was thinking that it might be  a little early for the elites to plan for.

I don't think they are going to have a cap on the marathon, which I found interesting considering how fast some of these races like the Megatransect sell out.

Brian Runner

Well I guess they can always pull the plug on Marathon registrations if it does happen to get out of hand, though I don't think i'd expect that to happen in the first year. It will be populer no doubt, but I don't see 1,200 people showing up at Hyner or something.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Rik is in. He wanted to know if I was interested in pacing him. Hahahaha.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Brian Runner

75% to capacity last I heard....