Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Boston Harvest 5k and 10k (Read 11 times)

Trail Monster

Just wanted to post this here. It's on rails-to-trails but it's for a great cause. My husband and I direct this to raise money for a little boy with Batten's Disease in our community. There is no treatment and no cure so we are racing time to help Rex's doctors. If you are available on 9/21 and somewhat close to Pittsburgh this is a great event! We give out 92 custom medals per race (5 year age groups, 3 deep) plus finisher's medals to all kids. We also give trophies plus gift cards to the top three men/women in each race. If you're not that speedy don't despair! We also have over 100 door prizes that you don't have to buy tickets for. We put your bib tag in the pot and chances are you will go home with something! We also have a clown making balloon animals, celebrity guests (Amy Yoder-Begley made a surprise appearance last year), lots of food (pizza, doughnuts, cookies, cake, chips, etc), and free race photographs will be posted on our Facebook page after the event. You really can't beat this race for the price! $15 for adults, $10 for children and seniors. So please come out and help us make this race even better than last year!

Register here:

https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Boston/BostonHarvest5k10k

Information here:

http://www.trailtart.com/p/2013-boston-harvest-5k-10k.html

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

That Batten's disease is just plain nasty.  Truly a good cause.  Too bad I am not closer.  Hope you get a big turn out.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Trail Monster

That Batten's disease is just plain nasty.  Truly a good cause.  Too bad I am not closer.  Hope you get a big turn out.

Thanks! We're really hoping we can keep Rex independent and mobile for awhile longer. As of right now he can no longer walk or stand but can be somewhat mobile with a gait trainer. He had a feeding tube inserted because the risk of aspiration has become too greahe when he chews. So we are ally are racing time to raise funds for experimental therapies for Rex! Pleawe send anyone you know on this side of the state our race info or send them to ralleyforrex.com to make a donation.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop