Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Ricketts Glenn running? (Read 14 times)

muppy

Just wondering if anybody has run the falls at Ricketts Glen State Park, i'm thinking of going up there for an easier long-run day, just wondering if it be worth it?

Daydreamer1

It's been a while since I've been up there. It's a really nice hike and if I remember right some of the lower trail is very runnable but the upper parts around the falls would be mostly just fast hiking. Things could have changed though because it's been over 10 years since we were last up there.  There are some other trails up there besides the falls trails that are supposed to be good for mtn biking. Someday I want to get back up there.

muppy

Thanks Daydreamer, that's kind of how I remembered it, I was planning to do it maybe as a long run/hike on my taper in the next few weeks.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was up maybe 4-5 years ago and like DD said, there are some runnable trails.  The falls trails are ok - beautiful of course but not exactly what I would consider runnable.  Having said that I remember a guy (as we were hiking) shoot by us and I thought he was crazy for trying to run them.  If you are training for a technical type of race, it would be good because you can mix different types of trails where some you have to walk.  It's beautiful enough....go for it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Brian Runner

There is better running just to the West on the Loyalsock trail and World's End State Park... though I hear there are plans of extending the Loyalsock Trail to connect with Ricketts Glenn.