Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Call of the Wilds Marathon (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

Just in case anyone else was waiting for this, the Call of the Wilds Mountian Marathon registration is now open on ultrasignup.com.

This is the marathon that is connected to the Eastern States 100. Initally they were saying that there was not going to be a limit on the number of runners, but there is a limit of 300. The Ultrasignup page isn't showing how many have signed up yet. They were passing out flyers at the Megatransect two weeks ago so it may sell out fast.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is supposed to be more difficult than Mega, Hyner and Green Monster - whatever that means...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

I can't get the elevation profile to post but it has 5 main climbs with over 6000 ft of elevation gain. While that sounds fairly tough it looks like there might be 2 1/2 miles on the rail trail so that will be an easy segment.

While it might have more elevation gain then the Mega if it doesn't have the boulders and the technical terrain that the Mega does I'm not sure how it will be harder unless they are looking at total elevation.

Brian Runner

At yesterday's Green Monster 50k, somebody with a GPS that didn't die clocked that race at 32.5 miles and 7,800ft of vertical, so 6k+ for 26.2 seems pretty comparable.

I was interested until I learned it was the same weekend as the Philly Folk Festival. So unless the race date changes in future years, I will likely never attend.

I am considering this race.  Just ran the Hyner 50K and had a good time - so looking for something in the summer.  Looks like a good time!

Brian Runner

If it hasn't sold out before I get around to registering I'll likely run it. Rothrock 30k is next though.

Brian Runner

Ended up not doing Rothrock, but I have registered for Call of the Wilds.

Brian Runner

What a nasty-fun affair that turned out to be. Check out my Call of the Wilds race report: http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/08/call-of-wilds-mountain-marathon-race.html