Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Scott Jurek is coming to Chambersburg, PA (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

FYI:

He PA trailers.  Scott Jurek is coming to speak in Chambersburg on May 24th.  It's the night before the Sole Challenge 6-12-24 Hour race.  My friend is the RD for this new race, and owns the local running store.

For Information.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I saw that.  It's very cool that it is free admission for the 24 hour runners of that event.  Not so much for the 6 hr and 12 hr runners.

The event looks pretty cool except for two things (which will keep me out of it): not on trail and seems expensive (IMO)

But very cool that Scott Jurek will be speaking the night before.  I hope the race gets a good draw.

AT - are you running in it? if so which event?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I'm not sure yet.  It's on a paved walkway, and I hate asphalt.  I'm probably signing up for the 24 hour and will see what develops.  If i don't run, i plan to camp and help out and maybe pace a few laps as needed.  One concern about this park, is it's 100% shade free.  I'm hoping for mildly overcast day.

Do you have any inklings into doing this event?  There is a team competition as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Do you have any inklings into doing this event?  There is a team competition as well.

Inkling? ummm...I've thought about it but not enough there to push me to it.  I can take pavement for only so long.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday