Pickens County Y Race Team

YMCA Triathlon (Read 294 times)

ehunter

Is the Pickens County Y gonna have a triathlon this year?

tweisner

I think if we want the PC YMCA to have it this year we better speak up.  I would like to tri it again.

- itri - 

I was told they are not doing it.  They are doing the "attack on Sassafrass Mtn" and the "Rivalry 5k" at Smithfield for their fall events.

pschriver

I noticed it wasn't a part of the Y-tri series. It seemed like a pretty decent event and was pretty well attended in spite of poor weather some years. It was probably not going to be on my list anyway this year so I would feel a little guilty asking for a race and then not showing up. I also noticed that Caine/Halter was not doing a race this year with SetUp.

It would be a shame if this race does not continue. The overall winner who drove up from Columbia last year commented to me after the race that he really enjoyed it and planned to possibly return. Perhaps if a few big sponsors (Hunter Farms, UPS, Cannon hospital, Y-Race team, On-On) came forward with a good leader (Castleman) the race could still go on.

ehunter

I noticed it wasn't a part of the Y-tri series. It seemed like a pretty decent event and was pretty well attended in spite of poor weather some years. It was probably not going to be on my list anyway this year so I would feel a little guilty asking for a race and then not showing up. I also noticed that Caine/Halter was not doing a race this year with SetUp.

It would be a shame if this race does not continue. The overall winner who drove up from Columbia last year commented to me after the race that he really enjoyed it and planned to possibly return. Perhaps if a few big sponsors (Hunter Farms, UPS, Cannon hospital, Y-Race team, On-On) came forward with a good leader (Castleman) the race could still go on.

I thought in the past that they made a pretty good profit off of this race, so I don't think its a monetary or sponsorship issue.  Maybe Cindy or Marla can elaborate - they have both been involved in the past with it I think.
            Like you, its not a race I would be able to do, but hate to see it go away.

I don't know either but I would guess it has to do with Tiffany not being in her position anymore since she is the one that organized it the last couple of years.  That is too bad though.  A LOT of people started off with that race as their first Tri.

My prewash:)

Wow I didn't know that...but I can see how it could happen.  It is a big responsibility to organize that event.  I think the timing of the race was always poorly thought too.  There were always so many events that were going on the same time or the same weekend like Augusta.  I always liked it too.

Loo-Hoo I love your pic!!!  Where were you guys and what did u have on!!!!!Big grin

"Carpe Diem"

Nori and I at the 2011 Spinx 1/2.  She made "arm warmers" out of socks!  It worked Great!! Notice we are smiling....that was the before pic Smile

NOT the "Race of my Life" but a lot of fun and pain free for a change.