Pickens County Y Race Team

Update on the YRT (Read 8 times)

pschriver

Just a quick update for Josh on the YRT. Our numbers have continued to grow and we have continued to stay active. Last Sat we hosted a benefit 5k to raise funds for a Multi-purpose Rail-to-Trail project to link Easley with Pickens. We had close to 200 people register for the event and 123 showed up to run. The Tri-the-Ridge triathlon is going strong and has had great reviews in the local triathlon circles. Most of the early registrants are not even from Pickens county. I expect 2015 will be even a better year.  Team kits will arrive in less than a week

That is really exciting...  I think the Doodle Trail is going to be awesome!

I miss having the YRT community--I think it's a good thing and you guys are encouraging others to be healthy.

Question-- do you think it would be cool to grow it and involve other YMCA's?

It seems like Corporate (YMCA) would want a national presence at races.  thoughts?

pschriver

That is really exciting...  I think the Doodle Trail is going to be awesome!

I miss having the YRT community--I think it's a good thing and you guys are encouraging others to be healthy.

Question-- do you think it would be cool to grow it and involve other YMCA's?

It seems like Corporate (YMCA) would want a national presence at races.  thoughts?

My first thought is YMCAs in neighboring counties can't seem to work together so I doubt they could get together at a national level. The Y is also very protective of it's brand and logo. If they came out with a single "official" vendor to supply the clothing, I would imagine it would be price prohibitive. The Upstate Triathlon club based out of the Caine Halter Y has folded FWIW

My first thought is YMCAs in neighboring counties can't seem to work together so I doubt they could get together at a national level. The Y is also very protective of it's brand and logo. If they came out with a single "official" vendor to supply the clothing, I would imagine it would be price prohibitive. The Upstate Triathlon club based out of the Caine Halter Y has folded FWIW

Yeah, it would be tough...  We don't have a YMCA in Clermont or I would have probably tried to start a group here.  If any of you are on Facebook, check out "Sunday Sunrise Sprint".  That's a weekly tri/du I organize here and it's pretty fun.

tweisner

You are such a go getter!!!

3.5 miles for me today.  woohoo

- itri -