Pickens County Y Race Team

REV 3 Anderson (Read 9 times)

mrussell

It looks like Rev 3 will be back in Anderson Oct 12, 2014 or is this wrong?

http://rev3tri.com/anderson/anderson-news/

pschriver

I really like this race. For anyone in this area who wants to do their first Olympic, this race is perfect. Easy swim, tough bike followed by a flattish run. I had planned on the Chicago marathon but will probably do the REV3 Half.

Yaaaaaaay! I'm so glad Wink This was angrily scratched off of my goal sheet, but now it can go back on! Cool.

tweisner

So Mike Russell, you putting that on your to do list for 2014?  you should.

- itri - 

pschriver

I will be scratching the Chicago Marathon from my list and adding REV3. If I want to do a Marathon, I will do Savannah or MB.

tweisner

Why not Kiawah?  or Richmond?

Savannah.  not pretty most of the time.

Anyone want to do Richmond Marathon, November 15?

It's America's Friendliest Marathon, so they say.

http://www.richmondmarathon.com/

- itri - 

Savannah is awesome ! Fun and flat. Be sure to go to rocks on the roof (tapas) and stay at the Bohemian hotel! I'm looking at rev 3 too or there is one in the outer banks in September. I've always wanted to go to the outerbanks and see the wild horses.

Lori

pschriver

I'm fairly sure the Outer Banks race is Beach to Battleship. Quite a few Y members have done it, Josh, Halley and Nikki come to mind. The potential for very cold weather keeps it off my list

It offers an Olympic and a half I think.  Forgot the name it's in one of my runners world mags

Lori

pschriver

There is no Olympic at B2B. It is half or full. Runners World is probably not a good source for triathlon advice.

Its called Outerbanks Tri.  And it was an ad not an article.  They have a sprint, olympic, and half.  

Lori

I'm fairly sure the Outer Banks race is Beach to Battleship. Quite a few Y members have done it, Josh, Halley and Nikki come to mind. The potential for very cold weather keeps it off my list

Peter, you need to put it on your list!  it's a great race

Josh, let's plan a b2b reunion! Maybe next year? You guys can stay here and we can drive up together. We can put all six of our children in a room with a bag of Cheetos and some juice boxes and galavant through Wilmington. We'll make so many memories!

Haley, that sounds like a blast.  But only if you do the full!

josh, I'm not saying no Wink