Pickens County Y Race Team

Goals for 2014 (Read 13 times)

tweisner

Ok, let's hear it!  Who wants to accomplish what in 2014?

- itri - 

2014 goals:

Well I signed up for 1 race.  On March 23

http://sommersports.com/Events/GreatClermontTriathlon.aspx

it's a local International distance race and the bike course goes by my house.

I signed Kate up for a half marathon in April.

i doubt we will be able to do much more this year.  I will probably just try to stay healthy and in decent shape by doing the free 5k races.

I am in the process of partnering with a local running club to start a running program at the elementary school I teach at.  I will help them train for their first 5k--similar to what we did at Gettys for a lot of those kids.

I am also considering doing a before school fitness class for the teachers at my school.  similar to the class I did at the Y.  But first I have to see if they are interested.

I am planning to join a local tri team just to stay in the loop.  It's the AAA tri team (Australian And American tri team)  It's pretty big and the guy who organized it is a former pro who is really nice.  He moved here to start a tri camp.  He bought a bunch of land and turned it into a tri training facility.

Biggest goals:  support my mom during cancer treatment, be a good dad, be a good husband and make fun of traci on the forum since Eric isn't on here anymore.

Josh!!! You are missed, Buddy!

Goals:

Feb 1 is my very first Olympic lifting competition. This is a new arena for me and it's exciting!

Mar is a Strongman competition and a 5k or two.

April 23-25 is River Ruckus in Asheville- a Crossfitish competition, but with triathlon elements. I'm actually about to begin assisting half a dozen strict crossfitters with their swim in hopes they will join the Tri ranks!

I've reserved summer for sprint distance tris and a visit to Florida Wink

Happy New Year!

My major goal is to complete the HIM training plan and do the half in Charleston... But if I croak then definitely the Clemson tri in may and maybe an Olympic distance in summer.  Also the gate river run in jax FL.  And of course the tri the ridge 2014 Smile

Lori

tweisner

Josh - congrats on signing up for the international distance race.  Have you started training?

I signed Kate up for a half marathon in April. - Did Kate want you to sign her up for a half marathon?

I am also considering doing a before school fitness class for the teachers at my school.  similar to the class I did at the Y.  But first I have to see if they are interested. - Keep us posted on how that goes.  Maybe you should do that after school.

It's the AAA tri team (Australian And American tri team)  - give me a break.  That's for old people and you know it.  You made that up. Welcome to the club

Biggest goals:  support my mom during cancer treatment, be a good dad, be a good husband and make fun of traci on the forum since Eric isn't on here anymore.  BRING IT!  I'm up for the challenge.

- itri - 

tweisner

As for my own goals, I have been dragging my feet at putting together a plan for this year.

I want a re-do on the lake swim at Clemson, so I will be doing that one for sure.  I think it would be great to have a nice YRT turnout for Clemson in our tri suits.  Is that a possibility?

I have contemplated doing 5 setup events this tri season.

I am thinking of doing my first marathon this fall.  Extremely nervous about that and can't decide which one to do, if I do one.  Probably thinking about it way to much.

So I am doing a lot of thinking and not much actually signing up yet.

- itri - 

I'm down for Clemson in an awesome YRT kit!!

let me know when/if ya'll decide to order the kits!!

Lori

pschriver

My goal this year is to really work on the long course races. I am planning on doing NOLA 70.3 in April and then see how it goes. I would like to finish the year at the Anderson 70.3 but apparently the race is on hold at the moment until they work out some issues with the city. I am definitely planning on Clemson this year. Everything else is wait and see.

Josh!!! You are missed, Buddy!

Goals:

Feb 1 is my very first Olympic lifting competition. This is a new arena for me and it's exciting!

Mar is a Strongman competition and a 5k or two.

April 23-25 is River Ruckus in Asheville- a Crossfitish competition, but with triathlon elements. I'm actually about to begin assisting half a dozen strict crossfitters with their swim in hopes they will join the Tri ranks!

I've reserved summer for sprint distance tris and a visit to Florida Wink

Happy New Year!

Haley! you are a CrossFit/Triathlon/Olympic lifting/baby-making machine!!!!  you deserve your own reality tv show for sure.  I'm anxious to hear how your Asheville competition goes.  you might win the whole thing.

Josh - congrats on signing up for the international distance race.  Have you started training?

I signed Kate up for a half marathon in April. - Did Kate want you to sign her up for a half marathon?

I am also considering doing a before school fitness class for the teachers at my school.  similar to the class I did at the Y.  But first I have to see if they are interested. - Keep us posted on how that goes.  Maybe you should do that after school.

It's the AAA tri team (Australian And American tri team)  - give me a break.  That's for old people and you know it.  You made that up. Welcome to the club

Biggest goals:  support my mom during cancer treatment, be a good dad, be a good husband and make fun of traci on the forum since Eric isn't on here anymore.  BRING IT!  I'm up for the challenge.

Dear Traci,

i'm trying to squeeze a little training in!  life is busy.  but regardless, i'm excited to race.  even if I do terrible, it's just nice to have a goal and be in the race finally instead of just watching people ride by my house on their bikes while I'm doing yard work or some other tedious project.  Kate wanted me to sign her up!  Well she didn't say so, but I got that impression by the way she was sleeping upstairs.

ahhjdd

Tri Suits?   This would answer my prayer on what the hell am I going to wear.

tweisner

Well, last year we had this one lady that wanted to change clothes after the swim.  Makes for a long transition time.

Haley, how's to coming on the tri suits?

- itri - 

pschriver

I don't want to steal Haley's question but she and I talked today briefly. We are planning to get the suits ready by Clemson. We are still seeking out artistic minded help but may have some "rough drafts?" by the end of the week. We are also hoping to get some sponsorship to help offset some of the cost.

Will we have to provide size/or try on?  Orange is a good color Smile

Lori