Pickens County Y Race Team

What's Your Go-To Energy Snack? (Read 74 times)

Workout starts in an hour and you're not feelin it... what do you reach for?
    ehunter

This is semi-related...

I have quite a lot of GU Energy Gel that is about to go out of date.  I have some small sponsorship by GU and they sent me more than I was able to use, and I need to get rid of it.  The particular one I have the most of right now is Tri-Berry - obviously a berry flavor.  Its one of my favorites, but the new Peanut Butter flavor is awesome (thats a non-discreet plug).  I also have a some GU drink mix packets (single serve Tango-Mango) if anyone wants some of it.  Anyway, if anyone needs a few GU gels, just let me know.

To answer the original question:  maybe a smoothie, or banana/PB, or apple/PB.  If it has been awhile since I have eaten a meal, I will eat a wrap or something like that.  Usually for me, its just getting started that solves the problem and not a nutritional issue - once I get over the hump of actually getting going, the energy usually shows up. 

pschriver

A cup of coffee if I'm going for less than an hour and a half. Light breakfast if it's going to go over 2 hours. I like the gels also because they are easy. I take one about every 30 minutes on long workouts. I also have little packs of gummi bears, peanuts, and Payday candy bars when I just don't feel like a gel.