Pickens County Y Race Team

You've just run the race of your life... (Read 285 times)

How do you celebrate?
    ehunter

Still waiting for that race to occur...

definitely by getting a cheeseburger or two.  And then sending a "nice try, maybe you'll do better next time" text to Eric Hunter.

My prewash:)

Wow I smell a challenge!!!   I would be thinking how am I ever going to beat that in my head.   I don't think I have had that feeling as of yetWink  I always finish feeling like Man I should have gone faster!!!!

"Carpe Diem"

ehunter

definitely by getting a cheeseburger or two.  And then sending a "nice try, maybe you'll do better next time" text to Eric Hunter.

I admit, I laughed at this - but I don't think the Expresso bike races count.

I admit, I laughed at this - but I don't think the Expresso bike races count.

then i suppose we will have to organize an Expresso Challenge!  maybe an indoor Ironman? 

ehunter

Lol...I know you have spent 6+ hours on an expresso and several hours on a treadmill before, but there is no way in the world I could do that.  I'd go berserk.  I bow to you... 

Lol...I know you have spent 6+ hours on an expresso and several hours on a treadmill before, but there is no way in the world I could do that.  I'd go berserk.  I bow to you... 

ha... i may have spent that long on an expresso once, but i never said i was pedalling the whole time. i was mostly just watching TV and eating.  and i don't think i've ever gone much more than an hour on a treadmill.  But i do have an expresso challenge for you.....  Easley, Expresso Bike on the far left, Pyramid Mountain (13 miles i think)... beat my time!  (but don't beat it so bad that it embarrasses me.  just try to barely beat it)

ehunter

I'll do that if you'll come over and ride Glassy Mountain with me - its ONLY a 1 mile climb.

tweisner

Man, you guys are really hard on yourselves...I have had two "race of your life" events.  I got my 5K PR in Port Royal, SC.   I celebrated by having breakfast at Blackstone's Cafe.  The second was Green Valley 8K 2012.  After texting everyone in my phone, I went to Starbucks and got a Venti Bold.

- itri - 

pschriver

then i suppose we will have to organize an Expresso Challenge!  maybe an indoor Ironman? 

I keep getting a visual of you two wearing your aero helmets racing on the Expresso bikes with people wandering by wondering what the heck was going on. It would be hilarious.

FWIW, I'm still waiting on the "race of my life"

ehunter

I let Josh borrow my aero helmet last year - he wore it backwards - with the pointy end going forward.  Looked like Woody Woodpecker.

(I'm sure if I don't say that I am kidding at this point, Josh will reply with a "I still beat you" comment...so to clarify, yes, I'm just kidding). 

I let Josh borrow my aero helmet last year - he wore it backwards - with the pointy end going forward.  Looked like Woody Woodpecker.

(I'm sure if I don't say that I am kidding at this point, Josh will reply with a "I still beat you" comment...so to clarify, yes, I'm just kidding). 

For the record, I don't consider that race as beating you.  you were hurt the whole year and that was the only race you did.  and you still almost beat me.  so you did great (especially considering your age and that upper thigh rash you were dealing with).

Peter, what do you mean the 2 of us?? There are 3 bikes! I was imagining you joining us!

Traci, I never got a text. I'm not in your Fave 5?

ehunter

For the record, I don't consider that race as beating you.  you were hurt the whole year and that was the only race you did.  and you still almost beat me.  so you did great (especially considering your age and that upper thigh rash you were dealing with).

Peter, what do you mean the 2 of us?? There are 3 bikes! I was imagining you joining us!

Traci, I never got a text. I'm not in your Fave 5?

Please don't make fun of my upper thigh rash.  It only breaks out at certain times and medicine will quickly bring it under control.  You're safe as long as you don't swim with me, wear my shorts, or sit on my bike seat...oh, and you don't wanna borrow my body glide anymore.

Oh man!! Comedians, all of you! Thanks for the laughs... For our next issue of The Tempo, I was thinking we'd go ahead and print these conversations? I'd also like to enlarge and frame the helmet scene on the Espresso bikes. Finally, the Pooltime Peter pic has real potential as our new YRT t-shirt.