Pickens County Y Race Team

Clemson Triathlon training group (Read 11 times)

pschriver

The Clemson Triathlon is a little over 12 weeks away. This is a descent race for people who want to try their first open water swim. There is a loosely organized group swims which meets on Weds and we can also pre-ride the bike course or do the run course on the weekends. If there is any interest, we could see about getting a training plan for the race and schedule group training efforts around the plan.So far, I only recognize 2 names from the race team  on the participant list but if you plan to do the race, it would be nice to mention it here.

U know I am

Lori

tweisner

I'm in for Clemson.

I've been mentioning it hoping to get a good group of us to sign up.  It'll be fun.

- itri - 

What is the collegiate category?  (looking at the clemson tri registration categories)

Lori

pschriver

I think you just have to be a college student with a student ID. You should qualify. You could look at previous year results to see how competitive they are. I think you would be fine in that category. It is not offered at very many races.

Borrowed from SetUp website:

Collegiate
            A collegiate athlete is any athlete enrolled full time in an accredited college or univeristy as of the date of the event. School id is required at packet pick up to verify enrollment. Not all Set Up events offer this category. Please check the individual series/ event pages to see if your event offers this division.

Riding tomorrow?

Lori

pschriver

I am planning on riding after the swim tomorrow, weather permitting

I can ride around 11 is that too late/will y'all be making 2 loops?

Lori

pschriver

I was planning on 3 loops. Loop 2 will be around 11:10

pschriver

Not sure if anyone is interested in pre-riding the bike course but I would be happy to set up a weekend day or Thurs evening next week after the swim. If there is any interest PM me or post here. I would also be happy to point out the run course but am not real excited about running it.

I'd be interested next thurs evening after the swim.  i have a final exam that day,what time is the swim?

I think a run-through would be nice. Hopefully I'll have a wet suit by then...having trouble finding one that is correct size.

Lori

Lori, congratulations, you just set a record for longest wet-suit search!  The previous record was 1 year, 1 month.  Maybe if you keep looking just a little longer, they will invent something totally new that is better than wetsuits!

i cant help it.  i'm indecisive.  sorry.

Lori

i cant help it.  i'm indecisive.  sorry.

Ok now I feel bad.  Sorry Lori, i'm just always overly sarcastic.  You are doing the smart thing by looking around.  I'm impulsive and usually buy too fast.

pschriver

I will bring a wetsuit for you at 5:30 on Thurs. Josh's pre-race jitters are showing. You don't need to rush into a purchase and more importantly you need to decide if you really enjoy paying money to jump into a cold lake with 100s of other people, ride a bike soaking wet and then running so hard you risk regurgitating your breakfast or soiling yourself. If that doesn't sound like fun, stick to the 5ks knowing you are the 2nd fastest employee at Cannon