Pickens County Y Race Team

REV 3 Anderson Oct 14 (Read 194 times)

pschriver

http://rev3tri.com/anderson/anderson-news/

Is anybody else doing the event. I had originally planned on doing the half but have dropped back to the Olympic. I did the half last year and it was a very well run event. I really think the REV 3 events are as nice as the IM branded races and the swag bags are pretty nice also. 

I'll be cheering you on Wink
      ehunter

I'll be doing the half.  I rolled over my entry from last year to this year.  Looking forward to it - I've heard nothing but good things about Rev3.  I do a lot of bike training on parts of the bike course - its no easy course for sure.  Looking at peoples times from last year it appears that almost everyone was 15+ minutes slower than a usual half. 

Hopefully there will be enough water to swim in at Hartwell.  Haven't been by there in awhile.

They are doing a new race in Williamsburg (I think) Virginia next year.  Looks like it would be a lot of fun and a neat venue.

pschriver

The first half of the bike is the worst part. Coming back in from Pendleton is not that bad. The lake is still way down in spite of the rain. The lake was also way down last year so it won't be much different. They did a great job clearing the rocks on the shore and laying out carpet. It is really a first class race with a big Jumbo-tron at the end. Unless they change the course, the run looks like you finish at about 12 1/2 miles but you get redirected back out for a short loop. Good for your fans to get ready for your finish, but bad for the competitor who has had enough triathlon action for one day. 

pschriver

It looks like Eric and I are the only 2 doing this race. For anyone considering a triathlon or who just wants to see what it is all about, I would recommend watching this one. There will be a fair number of Pros and usually a Celebrity or two at the site. It is family oriented and has a decent expo. There was a Jumbotron last year to watch the racers and I believe it will be back this year.

Start times 8am and 8:50, respectively...yes? Predictions on finish time? 

pschriver

I've never done an Olympic under 3 hours so that is my main goal. If everything goes as planned I am expecting 2:47

ehunter

I have withdrawn from Rev3 and Ironman Florida.  My work schedule for the past 5-6 weeks has been nuts and I have spent a lot of time on the road.  I couldn't fit training in.

I have only swam 5 times, biked 7 times, and ran 8 times since Louisville - nothing in the last 3 weeks - and have not been able to do ANY long stuff.  I hated to withdraw but nothing else I could do.

Peter, please tell us about your REV 3 experience.....  how'd it go?

pschriver

It went well. 3rd in age group. I took a beating on the swim. It was my slowest open water swim in a long time. It was a huge wave and we left from a small corral so contact was inevitable. The water on Hartwell is really shallow so we had to all stay together in the main channel.

I was 6th in my age group coming out of the water but moved to 1st on the bike. I really held back on the bike to make sure I could have a solid run. I blew by a lot of people on the bike but was passed early by a few. I ended up passing most of them back later on the bike. Pacing is still important in an Olympic distance race for me and obviously a few other people. 

I felt great coming off the bike. Better than I ever felt getting ready to run except I really had to pee. I knew I would be passing a bathroom around mile 1 so I ran a little harder than I should. I buzzed in peed and buzzed out. I ran comfortably hard until just under mile 6 and then emptied the tank. I probably passed about 20-30 people on the last stretch. Some tried to catch up but most just watched me go by. I finished with a smile. I had no idea I had won a medal and actually had to get back to the hospital so I left early. I drove back later to pick up my medal and case of energy gels.

Overall I had a great time. REV 3 is a top notch production and I would not hesitate to do another one of their races. They really support their Pro athletes and the Pros will answer your questions without being snooty.

CONGRATULATIONS PETER!!!!  You have made amazing strides in the last couple of years with triathlon.  I am so happy for you to have placed in your AG!!  Thats awesome!!  What were your splits??

pschriver

Race Results

Athlete Information

Name: Peter Schriver
                          Bib #: 696
                          Home town: Pickens SC - USA
                          Division: Clydesdale
                          Wave: Wave 8 All Men (non collegiate) - GREEN

Swim

LocationArrival TimeTotal TimeSplitPlaceTime Behind Leader
                          Split TimeCourse TimePaceDistanceDivisionOverallGenderWaveDivisionOverallGenderWave
                          Swim Finish 10/14/2012 9:26:19 AM 00:36:19.436 36:19 36:19 02:25 /100m 1500.07 m 6 / 15 89 / 183 67 / 126 67 / 126 07:26 11:48 11:48 11:48

Bike

Split TimeCourse TimePaceDistanceDivisionOverallGenderWaveDivisionOverallGenderWave
                          Bike Start 10/14/2012 9:29:04 AM 00:39:04.546 00:00 00:00 0.00 mph 0.00 mi 3 / 15 75 / 183 56 / 126 56 / 126 06:02 12:37 12:37 12:37
                          Bike Finish 10/14/2012 10:51:10 AM 02:01:10.716 1:22:06 1:22:06 18.12 mph 24.80 mi 1 / 15 82 / 183 64 / 126 64 / 126 00:00 30:58 30:58 30:58

Run

Run Start 10/14/2012 10:52:21 AM 02:02:21.950 00:00 00:00 00:00 /mi 0.00 mi 2 / 15 82 / 183 64 / 126 64 / 126 00:16 31:21 31:21 31:21
                          Run Split 10/14/2012 11:25:11 AM 02:35:11.433 32:49 32:49 09:39 /mi 3.40 mi 3 / 15 91 / 183 72 / 126 72 / 126 04:12 40:13 40:13 40:13
                          Run Finish 10/14/2012 11:51:51 AM 03:01:51.076 26:40 59:29 09:31 /mi 2.80 mi 3 / 15 95 / 183 75 / 126 75 / 126 07:54 49:14 49:14 49:14

Transition(s)

TransitionTime
                          Bike to Run 01:11
                          ehunter

It went well. 3rd in age group. I took a beating on the swim. It was my slowest open water swim in a long time. It was a huge wave and we left from a small corral so contact was inevitable. The water on Hartwell is really shallow so we had to all stay together in the main channel.

I was 6th in my age group coming out of the water but moved to 1st on the bike. I really held back on the bike to make sure I could have a solid run. I blew by a lot of people on the bike but was passed early by a few. I ended up passing most of them back later on the bike. Pacing is still important in an Olympic distance race for me and obviously a few other people. 

I felt great coming off the bike. Better than I ever felt getting ready to run except I really had to pee. I knew I would be passing a bathroom around mile 1 so I ran a little harder than I should. I buzzed in peed and buzzed out. I ran comfortably hard until just under mile 6 and then emptied the tank. I probably passed about 20-30 people on the last stretch. Some tried to catch up but most just watched me go by. I finished with a smile. I had no idea I had won a medal and actually had to get back to the hospital so I left early. I drove back later to pick up my medal and case of energy gels.

Overall I had a great time. REV 3 is a top notch production and I would not hesitate to do another one of their races. They really support their Pro athletes and the Pros will answer your questions without being snooty.

Congrats Peter - awesome job.  I wish they would have given you a box of Electrolytes instead of energy gels, though. Big grin

Good job peter! that's really cool that you placed.

Awesome!!! Proud of you, Peter Big grin