Pickens County Y Race Team

interesting race (Read 8 times)

Just wanted to share....

Tomorrow I'm doing an interesting race...

It's called the March of Death and it's a 10 mile race on a hilly clay road that starts at 1:30 PM.

It's going to be crazy hot!

anyway, I just wanted to tell you about it...  it's pretty popular (only the 2nd year of it)

I have absolutely no idea what to expect as far as time, but looking forward to suffering

tweisner

That's great.  I look forward to hearing how it goes.  Race hard!

- itri - 

that sounds like fun! I actually like running in the heat.

Traci, are you still out of commission?  Brent said he saw you yesterday and you said you werent able to ride, swim or bike?  Thats no good Sad

Lori

the race was crazy!  hillier than expected!  so it poured rain for the first 15 minutes, then the sun came out in full force.  very challenging, but fun.  time: 1:16:40 ish

here is a corny pic of me at the race:

and here is the start:

pschriver

You have put on a couple of lbs. Are you running as a Clydesdale?

tweisner

You have put on a couple of lbs. Are you running as a Clydesdale?

Peter, I can't believe you said that.  You meant he has put on a couple of lbs in a positive way, right?  Like he's beefed up.  Lol.

- itri - 

tweisner

that sounds like fun! I actually like running in the heat.

Traci, are you still out of commission?  Brent said he saw you yesterday and you said you werent able to ride, swim or bike?  Thats no good Sad

That is correct.  Everything I love has been taken away.  Lol.

I am throwing my hands up in the air as to how to get better.  After I would bike, my sciatica would be worse so I quit biking but kept swimming.  And I still wasn't getting better.  I wouldn't swim for 5 days and I would show improvement.  Then I would swim and be set back.  So the guy I'm seeing said:

I can see where swimming could cause the aggravated symptoms you are experiencing. Swimming , although non-weight bearing, does cause the lumbar spine to curve excessively, and that will cause compression on those vertebrae. Swimming, at this point, is not a good activity for you.

So no swimming.  I've started on a muscle relaxer.  Other than time, I don't know what else to do.

- itri - 

tweisner

Josh, super race.  Thanks for sharing the photos.  Love seeing you doing so much racing.  Great job!

- itri - 

You've been killing it, Josh! You guys look amazing Smile

thanks Haley!

Traci:  I'm sorry about your injury--sent you a message.

Peter:  There is an awesome donut shop near my house.  Plus I can't stop watching World Cup.  GO USA!!!!  So put 1 and 1 together and that explains my weight problem.

Remember when I posted about the Death March I did on that clay loop?  Well that's where I've started doing my marathon training and that trail has gotten some attention lately..

There is currently a little write-up about it in Runner's World: http://www.runnersworld.com/trails-to-run/clermonts-10-mile-clay-loop

And the Raelert brothers (big time endurance/triathletes) just posted some pics on their facebook page of them here running on it:

Photo: joint training session with Christian Brader, Boris Stein, Nils Frommhold, Micha and Andy and the coach ;-) Wolfram Bott in Florida.