Pickens County Y Race Team

2012 GOAL? (Read 173 times)

The season is already revving up... 

Let's hear your BIG GOAL plans?

My prewash:)

As of now, my goals are to bring back down my 5K times again---Any one running Reedy 5K?  I am kinda sad to post this as most of yall have much loftier goals being Ironmen and allWink.  I will try not be intimidated. 

"Carpe Diem"

ehunter

All of my 2012 goals have been preceded by a new goal:  to get healthy.  I'm having to nurse a tibia injury (stress reaction - pre cursor to a stress fracture).  I can still bike and swim, but I'm having to do my running in the pool...so don't laugh if you see a guy in the deep end with old running shoes on going back and forth running under water.  And to answer the next question, I wear shoes because its provides more resistance.  Looks like a 3-6 week recovery period.  Anyway, my schedule is set for the coming year, now I just gotta get back to full strength - goal #1.

My prewash:)

Wow I always thought we were invincible!!!  It really stinks getting old!  My mind says "sure you can" but my hips tell a different story.  I keep having the old hamstring aggravation that won't go away. 

I tried the deep water running with my PF and it worked okay for about 10 minutes and then I was bored out of my mind!!!!  I need music !!!!!

Anyway I am with you on getting healthy too and hope it mends soon!!!

"Carpe Diem"

Healthy...YES please. I'd like to say goodbye to the following: Asthma flare-ups, IT Band Syndrome, Illness and vomiting children (just the vomiting, not the children). Wink I would very much like to introduce myself to a Half Ironman...in Augusta...Sept 30
            pschriver

Every year I set new goals for the year.

Racing- Top 5 placing in my age group in every race.

Running- sub 23 5k

sub 50 10k

sub 6:00 Half IM

sub 13:00 IM

Cycling- Ave > 21mph every race

Swim- no real goals Just start felling good and come out the water feeling as good or better than I went in.

Weight- get down to 190 before Nov.'s Ironman

Stay healthy and injury free

My 2012 goal is to become almost as fast as Eric Hunter.  but i have yet to ride my bike or swim a lap in 2012.  so hopefully the Expresso bike and the treadmill is helping!

Marla, thats what SwimP3's are for!  Smile

My first goal of the year is to finish the GHS 1/2 on March 10th without I.T. issues....and enjoy it!

ehunter

My 2012 goal is to become almost as fast as Eric Hunter.  but i have yet to ride my bike or swim a lap in 2012.  so hopefully the Expresso bike and the treadmill is helping!

Um, I think you surpassed that goal at Greenville last year...however, I hereby challenge you to a pool run.