Pickens County Y Race Team

Tri Prep (Read 11 times)

a group of us are planning to practice on Saturdays, 7am at Pickens. Swim first, bike to follow. All are welcome.

tweisner

Peter has been doing some training rides at the Pickens Y for the past two Saturdays.  We have been meeting at 9am.  Planning to meet again this Saturday.  Peter is out of town this week.  How long do you plan to swim?  A few of us were going to bike then run.  We should coordinate the bike time.

- itri - 

Some of the women participating are on a time crunch-I have but an hour and change since I'm breastfeeding a seemingly starving newborn (his girth tells a different story). Others have am engagements. So the swim I will be brief, 20 minutes or so to start. Are you open toerring earlier? Or maybe having two start times is ideal? I like the idea of weekly bricks.

tweisner

Starting earlier is great.  So show up at 7 if you want to swim, 7:30 if you just want to bike, and feel free to run after if you want.

Is that good for this Saturday at least?

- itri - 

pschriver

I'm good with a 7 am start especially since it is getting warmer and sunrise is earlier. One of the biggest safety concerns with cycling is drivers being blinded by the sun and not being able to see a cyclist so I avoid being on the bike at sunrise and sunset. You guys decide the time and distance and I will show up for the bike and run. A 30' swim with changing time will make your bike start closer to 7:45 am. I doubt you want to swim in your bike stuff. The chlorine eats it up. It's fine in a race but weekly not worth it. I ruined a fair number of bike shorts before I figured it out. Even when I bike to the Y I throw a swim suit into one of my pockets

pschriver

The ride this weekend 7/13 may be a little tricky. I am doing the Furman Triathlon on Sun so I won't be able to lead. Someone else is welcome to take over. I should be able to resume the following week 7/20 at 8:00 am. On Sat this week I will do an abbreviated prep which is usually a short swim, 9 mile bike and 1 mile run usually in full race gear just to make sure everything is working.

pschriver

Looks like the ride will be on this Sat. There may be a couple of people swimming at 7:30 am. Bike at 8:00 am. Maybe some runners after the bike

If I can move without whimpering, I'll be there. This getting back in shape stuff HURTS both my backside and my ego ;(

tweisner

If I can move without whimpering, I'll be there. This getting back in shape stuff HURTS both my backside and my ego ;(

Shooot, you make having 3 kids look easy.  You had about 6 kids under control and a completely organized house when I came to visit.  So this working out stuff is a cake walk for you.  See you there!

- itri - 

Ha! little did you know they were under threat of physical violence Wink

Part of the trouble is adapting to my new (ahem), more robust shape. Box jumps are dangerously miscalculated when my chest blocks the view of my feet!

pschriver

The rain really shrunk the group this week. Swim was nice and there were plenty of open lanes. Bike ride was uneventful. Had a nice cool-down run afterwards. Should be good for next week at the same time.

pschriver

Training Swim/Bike/Run will resume this weekend. Optional swim at 7, Bike starts at 8 and the run will be after the bike. The main focus is to get ready for the Greenville Tri 8/11.

pschriver

It looks like we will be changing the ride to 7:00 am this weekend (weather permitting) to allow us to get back in time for a Master's swimming meeting at 9. Plan would be the 20 mile loop. Riders who want to go less can turn at Riggins Bridge for the 12 mile loop.

Yay I'm finally added to the group now I dont have to

Send annoying  emails lol.  I'll be there Saturday can't wait to ride !!  If I get a suit I'll swim. Also if anyone ever wants to ride during the week message me Smile

Lori

Are they actually swimming sat or is it only a "meeting"

Lori