Pickens County Y Race Team

Ironman Chattanooga 70.3 (Read 6 times)

Lori, the course will be well marked and there will be plenty of cyclists to follow.  Don't worry about getting lost, that won't happen.

tweisner

Can you use your phone? Or is that what you meant my GPS?  Surely, its a marked course.

- itri - 

No u can't use phones and I'm panicking ! I'm afraid I'll get stranded lol

Lori

pschriver

No u can't use phones and I'm panicking ! I'm afraid I'll get stranded lol

You can carry your phone if it makes you feel more secure on the bike but you won't need it. YOU WILL NOT GET LOST ON THE BIKE. You have plenty of other things to worry about so scratch that off the list.

Yes please make me a list of things to worry about.

Lori

Yes please make me a list of things to worry about.

1) Flat tires

2) Nutrition

3) Diarrhea

4) Spotting the photographers so you can look good for the race pics.

5) It goes on and on.  Which is why Ironman is the tougher than crossfit.  So many things out of your control!

be brave you will do great.

(This is also a test to see if Haley Gann is still reading these)

pschriver

I think Haley is hiding in the Dojo she built in her garage

So this race is right around the corner....  Lori and Peter are you guys doing it??

Are you ready?  Are you excited?  How's training been going

pschriver

Lori and I are still in. I have a million excuses ready for why I won't do well. Work, lack off time, etc. I will  survive the swim, enjoy the bike and suffer on the run. No hope for a podium spot for me.

I have no clue what to expect.  I am nervous all the way around and can't sleep lol.  I'm nervous about swimming and biking(being able to get out of my wetsuit for transition and getting a flat tire).  Please say prayers for me!!

Lori

We have lift off! On our way to Chattanooga and thanks everyone for all of your support and advice and prayers! If it weren't for this group I wouldn't have known the fun of triathlons !  I'll keep u all posted!

Lori

tweisner

We have lift off! On our way to Chattanooga and thanks everyone for all of your support and advice and prayers! If it weren't for this group I wouldn't have known the fun of triathlons !  I'll keep u all posted!

Have a great time, Lori!!  You have worked so hard.  Congrats and enjoy yourself!!

- itri - 

mrussell

Good luck to you and Peter!!!

Best of luck to Lori and Peter!  I hope it's a great experience!

Lori and Peter...

I'd like to hear more about your experience.  Peter, I know things didn't go as hoped so if you don't want to discuss--no problem.  Lori, this was huge for you.  First half, First Ironman branded event.....  let us know how you felt about the whole experience