Pickens County Y Race Team

Goals for 2013 (Read 133 times)

pschriver

It's that time of year. Making New Years resolutions can be tough, keeping them is harder.

This year I plan to focus on the 70.3 distance. I am planning one in April and one in October. I will still do a few prints and Olympic distance races in between but not at the expense of loosing training time for the longer courses.

My resolution is consistent 10+ hour/weeks

Anyone else?

Have a baby. Not be fat. The end.

tweisner

1) finish half marathon training not injured

2) a sprint tri that involves a lake swim

3) an Olympic distance tri

- itri - 

ehunter

I have got a few things in my mind regarding resolutions, goals, etc...but nothing on paper yet.  That'll come tomorrow.

As far as races go, I only have one scheduled thus far - Raleigh 70.3.  I'll add a few more - at least 2 more halves I think, and I would really really love to do another Ironman this year - preferably Louisville or Cozumel again (both are still open and should be for awhile) - and given the choice, I'd prolly choose Louisville.  I'll make that decision soon.  May take the year off from the ultra stuff and just do some halves and olys.  I'll do a few running races this year...possibly the GHS half in March...maybe Spinx Half.  I dunno.

My primary focus in 2013 is on my business - my plans are to add a few more avenues of business and maybe expand in a few areas...grow a little.

goals:

1) buy a metal detector and look for gold coins from the civil war

2) use them to register for a bunch of races

I'm having a hard time narrowing it down... so I think this year will just be month to month, trying to squeeze in whatever I can.   I do have one goal...  since i've been running more, my weight has dropped some.  I like getting faster, but I refuse to get much skinnier.  So one of my goals will be to keep strength training and eating a lot.  Even though it may make me a little slower, I don't want to be thinner than i am now.

So as of now my goals are:

1) get back in the 19's  in the Downtown greenville 5k in Jan

2) break 1:30:00 in the myrtle beach half or 3:30 in the marathon (depending on which one i do)

3) not lose to Eric by more than 20 min in the Raleigh 70.3

4) read more.  I just ordered a bunch of books on amazon!

5) get my ironman magnet back from Traci.  A Sentra is a wuss car, unless it has an ironman magnet on it.

With reference to goals, curious if anyone would entertain training for an Xterra Tri?

Also, Justin plans to attempt his first triathlon this summer...If you spot him at gym, throw him a thumbs up. It's no easy feat to drop 50lbs of gut!

tweisner

goals:

I'm having a hard time narrowing it down... so I think this year will just be month to month, trying to squeeze in whatever I can.   I do have one goal...  since i've been running more, my weight has dropped some.  I like getting faster, but I refuse to get much skinnier.  So one of my goals will be to keep strength training and eating a lot.  Even though it may make me a little slower, I don't want to be thinner than i am now.

2) break 1:30:00 in the myrtle beach half or 3:30 in the marathon (depending on which one i do)

5) get my ironman magnet back from Traci.  A Sentra is a wuss car, unless it has an ironman magnet on it.

About that magnet...um it seems the magnet is the same size as my cup holder in the car and it got stuck down in the bottom.  I had to use a knife to get it out.  But its not messed up that bad.  It looks great on a white venza.

- itri - 

Justin is the man...  I'm really impressed that he'll be doing a tri this year!!!

With reference to goals, curious if anyone would entertain training for an Xterra Tri?

Also, Justin plans to attempt his first triathlon this summer...If you spot him at gym, throw him a thumbs up. It's no easy feat to drop 50lbs of gut!

ehunter

goals:

Back in the day when I worked a public job one of my company cars was a Sentra.  I loved that lil car.  Of course the other company cars I had over time was a Chevrolet Celebrity Sation Wagon and a Plymouth Voyager Mini Van. All manly man vehicles. I'd leave one of my stores and have to beat women off the cars.  I guess they figured it took a real stud to drive what they were looking at and they all wanted to go for a cruise.

1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport wagon

pschriver

I have no interest in Xterra. I retired from mountain biking a couple of years ago. I was tired of coming home bruised and bleeding after every ride.

Some of the most amazing transformations I have seen have been heavy guys who do a dedicated season of triathlons. They start as Clydesdale but by the end of the season they are not able to make the weight unless they are exceptionally tall. By the end of the year they are in exceptionally good shape. Best of luck to Josh to meet his goal. I am sure you will be his best fan.

tweisner

Josh, don't give up looking for those gold coins.  Here is a story that was in the Gville News the other day:

Walter Samaszko Jr. was a loner whose death went largely unnoticed. That all changed when a crew sent to clean out his house found a fortune stashed away in the garage of his modest ranch-style home.  There were boxes stuffed with thousands of gold coins from Austria, Mexico and the United States. There was enough gold to fill up two wheelbarrows — more than $7.4 million worth.

“There was every kind of coin you could think of,” said the public administrator of the estate who borrowed a neighbor’s wheelbar­row to haul out the trea­sure.  O
                        fficials searched through records to find an heir: a substitute teacher in the San Fran­cisco Bay area who a judge declared was Samaszko’s lone sur­viving relative, a first cousin.  The decision means she is a million­aire.   Officials were able to track her down using a funeral bulletin at Sa­maszko’s home that led to his father’s service in Chicago in the early 1960s, and then newspa­per clippings that listed survivors.

No one seemed to know him at all, even though he had lived in the house since the 1960s. His mother lived with him un­til her death in 1992.
                        Samaszko’s body was found in June after neigh­bors called authorities. He had been dead of heart problems for at least a month, the coro­ner said.  Officials suspect that the gold coins may have been mainly bought over the years by Samaszko’s mother.

- itri -