Pickens County Y Race Team

Great ride Saturday Morning (Read 9 times)

tryingtoimprove1

Hey for those who might not know Pete has put together some Saturday morning bike rides. Did a great 12 mile ride yesterday. It was the route for the Tri The Ridge this September. Pete and his wife are doing a great job leading up on these rides. Take advantage of riding with some other people. The pace is very doable, so don't hesitate because you think you are a slower rider. Come on out.

pschriver

Thanks for posting this.

Assuming no emergencies next week I will do it again at 9. This is a good way for first timers to get used to riding on the roads. I won't have Theresa with me this time and will be happy to ride another loop if there is any interest

tweisner

No emergencies yet?  Still planning on riding?  Beth, Shannon and I are gonna be there.  Shannon went to Carolina Tri last Saturday.  She didn't tell them she knew Theresa.  They redid her rim tape, gave her two new tubes, and CO2 cartridges.  She also got clip in pedals and shoes.  Should be good, should be fun, and could be very interesting.  You might be fixin' more than her flat tire this week.  Jk...I'm sure all will go well.

9am Pickens Y.  See ya there!

- itri - 

pschriver

Looks good for tomorrow if the weather holds out. A nurse from the hospital may be doing her first ride also.

pschriver

Just a quick update. We had another great ride and attendance was up 20% over last week. We had a first timer who did a great job keeping up with the group and has registered for the triathlon in the fall. I will be out of town this weekend and will be doing the Furman triathlon on Sunday the following weekend. I will be happy to lead on Sat the 13th. The day before a Sprint I usually do an abbreviated swim/bike/run in my race outfit just to stay fresh and make sure everything is working.  I believe Traci is planning to lead the group next week but I think she is planning to leave a little earlier so she can do a short run before the heat turns up.

....The day before a Sprint I usually do an abbreviated swim/bike/run in my race outfit just to stay fresh and make sure everything is working.....

Eric does the same thing.  this is a picture he texted me just prior to his Ironman Louisville race.