Pickens County Y Race Team

Ride for Mac (Read 56 times)

Hey Josh,

How do we enter our Ride for Mac points since there isn't really an official time or finishing place?  It won't let me just put in the completion pts.

hey, other people put in aproximate numbers for finishing place/time.  that won't matter, so you can just guess. 

pschriver

Digging up an old thread because it's that time of year again. https://macride.eventbrite.com// This is a great ride and falls in perfectly with Tri The Ridge and REV3. If you want to build leg strength, there is no better way than supported group rides. Proceeds go to a good cause.

if the ride for mac starts at 7 and I do the 20 miler, will I be done by 9?

Lori

pschriver

If you average 10 mph. My guess is you would be done at 8:15-8:20 am

if the ride for mac starts at 7 and I do the 20 miler, will I be done by 9?

Is anyone doing the ride for Mac this sat?

Lori

pschriver

I had planned to but will end up doing the "Winery ride" along with the 10 am course preview. My understanding is a couple of new people are going to show up for the course preview this week.

tweisner

Are you doing the "Winery Ride" after the "course preview"?  How far is that?  18 miles?

- itri - 

pschriver

I plan to drive up to the winery, drop my truck off and ride back to the Y for swimming. After the swim, I will ride the course preview and then continue up to the winery for lunch. I will be happy to to give a ride to anyone who needs a ride back from the winery.. The course preview is 12 miles and the winery is 17. Route is here  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/map.asp?routeid=187871. Total would be at about 30 miles. If anyone wants more we could do a trip up and down Caesar Head which adds on another 12.

I won't be there for  the course preview / swim I was wanting to maybe ride early - have to be done by like 830 ish - is it all down hill from the winery

Lori

pschriver

I won't be there for  the course preview / swim I was wanting to maybe ride early - have to be done by like 830 ish - is it all down hill from the winery

I would be happy to pick you up on the way to the winery and ride with you back to your house. It is mostly downhill but you live on a ridge that you have to go up somehow/someway.

That would be cool i can handle uphill better than down

Lori

But i have to be home by 830 so it might be cutting it too close

Lori