Pickens County Y Race Team

Awards party (Read 13 times)

pschriver

Sorry for offending you.  After reading the older posts I made an assumption that the ones who easily give should also be able to easily receive.

FWIW your post was removed by the Moderator, not me. I know the Mod fairly well and know she is opposed to censorship but some things are simply poor taste. Post an unflattering head shot  of yourself with a picture of the wicked witch of the west, Shrek's wife and some other unattractive character and we can all have a chuckle and call it even. Otherwise, I still question your halfhearted apology..

If you still don't understand why your photos were inappropriate, I would suggest professional help.

tweisner

Ok

Trigurl - I can certainly see why, based on earlier post, you thought that it was all in good fun.

Peter - I can certainly see why you didn't think the post was all in good fun.

Now, as Josh posted about playing in the NFL, let's apply to participating on the forum:

There is a certain responsibility that comes with posting on the forum and making people laugh.  You represent the YMCA and your team (YRT) and you are expected to display a certain level of sportsmanship-if not for any other reason--at least for all the kids that watch.

Moving on:  does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate cake?

- itri - 

I agree , this team has done nothing but be supportive since I've joined and it is fun to jab one another but attacking someone's image is below my expectations of how team members should treat one another.

Lori

trigurl

FWIW your post was removed by the Moderator, not me. I know the Mod fairly well and know she is opposed to censorship but some things are simply poor taste. Post an unflattering head shot  of yourself with a picture of the wicked witch of the west, Shrek's wife and some other unattractive character and we can all have a chuckle and call it even. Otherwise, I still question your halfhearted apology..

If you still don't understand why your photos were inappropriate, I would suggest professional help.

I did not realize that the pictures were removed but my half hearted apology was in regards to your last comment about boundaries.  and I don't deny that the pictures may be inappropriate however maybe you and the others who disagree should go back and look at some of the older threads and I think you will notice that what I posted was no worse than what others have posted including yourself.  i realize its all in good fun but i just think that you are not as thick skinned as you expect others to be.  to prove my point i will add this regarding the unflattering picture that you mention.  if it is so unflattering then why did you post it on the internet yourself?  how do you think i got it?  a simple google can lead to a lot of things.  and fwiw i didn't think it was that unflattering of a picture of you.  i thought you were kind of cute.

maybe the problem is I am new to the forum and came in like a lightening bolt?

pschriver

I did not realize that the pictures were removed but my half hearted apology was in regards to your last comment about boundaries.  and I don't deny that the pictures may be inappropriate however maybe you and the others who disagree should go back and look at some of the older threads and I think you will notice that what I posted was no worse than what others have posted including yourself.  i realize its all in good fun but i just think that you are not as thick skinned as you expect others to be.  to prove my point i will add this regarding the unflattering picture that you mention.  if it is so unflattering then why did you post it on the internet yourself?  how do you think i got it?  a simple google can lead to a lot of things.  and fwiw i didn't think it was that unflattering of a picture of you.  i thought you were kind of cute.

maybe the problem is I am new to the forum and came in like a lightening bolt?

I agree the issue is mostly you are new. What is a little disturbing to me, is I don't know you. The comments I make to other people here are usually understood by both parties. I plan to move past this, but there is nothing wrong with just saying "sorry I offended you"and leaving off comments like: "you are not as thick skinned as you expect others to be", "the ones who easily give should also be able to easily receive".

I don't believe I posted to photos. I actually think they were uploaded by other people and I was tagged in them. .

Again, if you really want to be fair, post the head shot with 3 unattractive characters you may or may not resemble so we can all have a good chuckle and move on.

trigurl

just for peter and for sake of fairness.  this is the most unflattering one I could find of myself taken after last years mud run.

wicked witch of the west

shreks wife

me

trigurl

I have felt really bad about being mean to peter so i went to the hospital to meet with him and apologize.  he didn't accept my apology.  he took off his beanie and threw it on the ground. then i took this picture of him.

tweisner

Wow, this makes my post seem really boring.  Never mind on the chocolate cake recipe.

- itri - 

pschriver

I have felt really bad about being mean to peter so i went to the hospital to meet with him and apologize.  he didn't accept my apology.  he took off his beanie and threw it on the ground. then i took this picture of him.

That is actually, kinda funny. I'm still not convinced you are completely sane.

Nice carbuncle ! Looks like it needs to be drained!

Lori

pschriver

just for peter and for sake of fairness.  this is the most unflattering one I could find of myself taken after last years mud run.

wicked witch of the west

shreks wife

me

I think it would be a little more even if you posted a real picture of yourself or at least explain how you got a Russian domain to watermark your photo.

trigurl

nope, that's me.  don't know what else to tell ya.  I think all photography services watermark their pictures.  but I wasn't thinking.  I'm sure you didn't recognize the front view of me.  maybe you'll recognize this view of me since its the only side you have seen of me in the races we have done together.  run faster.

pschriver

nope, that's me.  don't know what else to tell ya.  I think all photography services watermark their pictures.  but I wasn't thinking.  I'm sure you didn't recognize the front view of me.  maybe you'll recognize this view of me since its the only side you have seen of me in the races we have done together.  run faster.

As I suggested earlier, you really need to seek professional help. Neither of these photos are of you. They are not the same person and I recognize the second one. I would suggest you go away, figure out who you are, and come back and be civil.

trigurl

I thought you would recognize it.  i think sydney took the picture at the tricharleston sprint last year.  maybe greenville.  if I were a clydesdale I would have taken first place podium at that race