Pickens County Y Race Team

Half Ironman training group (Read 10 times)

pschriver

Just a little update. I am still planning on a 70.3 in April but will be going to New Orleans instead. Theresa has never been there so it is time to go. The race is the 13th so the training plan won't be much different. Anybody who wants to join us in NOLA is welcome but the spots are filling fast for this WTC event (Ironman Brand)

You must be afraid that I would beat you in Charleston!!   I like my pizza with black olives, tomatoes, peppers, and feta.

What's the swim like in New Orleans?  Which would be better to do for a first HIM? And are you still going to do a training group/share your plan bc I need coaching...

Lori

pschriver

Half Ironman races are tough no matter where you do them. Both courses are very similar and a good first HIM race. I am still planning on a HIM training group. The venue change for me shouldn't change anything else. The production of the Ironman events is a big step-up from the local Set-up events. Tri-Charleston was a little less well executed last year than previous years. That may have played a small part in my decision.

Pizza? If you beat me in NOLA I will pick up the tab for you and Brent having Blacken Red fish and Flaming Hurricanes. I think I'm pretty safe.