Pickens County Y Race Team

Savannah Rock N Roll (Read 9 times)

tweisner

It's going ok...

Haven't had a lot of time, but i'm squeezing in a long run every now and then.  10 mi is my longest and it was tough.  26.2 will be nearly impossible for me.  but it will be fun trying!

Lol I like your attitude.  Maybe I shouldn't give up on a half marathon in November.

- itri - 

So Angela Jasso just told me she signed up for the Spinx full!

She only has 4 weeks to prepare!!!

GOOD LUCK ANGELA!

pschriver

Sounds like she is on the Castleman training plan. 4 weeks for a marathon, 6 weeks for an Ironman

tweisner

So Angela Jasso just told me she signed up for the Spinx full!

She only has 4 weeks to prepare!!!

GOOD LUCK ANGELA!

You young people crack me up!

- itri - 

You must be referring strictly to Angela.  I did the clay loop today and almost died.  I'm not sure what excuse I want to use (heat, lack of water, etc) but I didn't think i was going to make it back to my car.  I had to walk/jog the last 3.5 miles of the 10!

Angela said she did 15 today and didn't have too much trouble with it.  That's her longest run ever

tweisner

You must be referring strictly to Angela.  I did the clay loop today and almost died.  I'm not sure what excuse I want to use (heat, lack of water, etc) but I didn't think i was going to make it back to my car.  I had to walk/jog the last 3.5 miles of the 10!

So did you figure out what was up with this?  And what about icing your knee?

- itri - 

T-Wee:

I think i was just tired going into it from a long week.  I will know more after this weekend.  My buddy is coming up from Tampa. We are doing the free 5k at 7:30, then going to the clay trail with a goal of 16 miles.  Then to get cheeseburgers and a beer for lunch.

My knee has been slight discomfort since last year, but i don't think it will get worse.  I'm just icing it to help it recover

tweisner

Castleman, what's the word?  How ya feeling?  Are you tapering?

Angela did a 4:21.  You gonna beat that?

- itri - 

First of all I give massive credit to Angela for finishing a marathon with 5 weeks of training!  Her first marathon was faster than my first marathon.  I'm feeling good, but my fitness isn't quite up to marathon standards.  I'm shooting for 3:45