Pickens County Y Race Team

Y2Y 10k (Read 11 times)

the Y2Y 10k looks like a cool race.  Are any of you planning to do it?  You aren't scared of an uphill race are you?

tweisner

Yes, I'm scared of an uphill race.  Sounds painfully slow.

Hey Castleman, tell us about that indoor triathlon you did.

- itri - 

when is y2y? sounds cool. Even more awesome would be run y2y then bike back!

Lori

Yes, I'm scared of an uphill race.  Sounds painfully slow.

Hey Castleman, tell us about that indoor triathlon you did.

well.... 2/3 of it was outside, so i think it was false advertising.  they had it set up where it was available all day and you signed up for a time slot of your choice.  each participant had a person who followed them and timed them.  transitions counted.  So it was 400yd swim (outdoor pool) then you went up to the patio area where they had bikes on trainers.  You did 6 miles on the bike (which was actually tough because the trainers had some decent resistance) then you went inside and did 2.2 mi on the treadmill.  I'm not sure why they picked 2.2.   but it was cool to do and it was a good workout.

pschriver

well.... 2/3 of it was outside, so i think it was false advertising.  they had it set up where it was available all day and you signed up for a time slot of your choice.  each participant had a person who followed them and timed them.  transitions counted.  So it was 400yd swim (outdoor pool) then you went up to the patio area where they had bikes on trainers.  You did 6 miles on the bike (which was actually tough because the trainers had some decent resistance) then you went inside and did 2.2 mi on the treadmill.  I'm not sure why they picked 2.2.   but it was cool to do and it was a good workout.

I'm confused about 2/3 being outside. Did you count the patio bike as outside or did you spend 2/3s of the time swimming 400 m. It's almost ironic how just about everywhere else in the country the swim is inside while the bike/run is outside. I can't wait for the weather to start clearing up here.

pschriver

How many people are planning on doing the Y2Y Challenge this weekend? I saw quite a few Y Race Team members but I see a branding issue with some of the people using YRT,  PCYRT and Y Race team. My personal feeling is to use YRT. I think there is a pretty good chance I will be signing up

tweisner

Considering this forum is titled Pickens County Y Race Team, the Facebook page is called PCY Race Team, and at pcymca.net we are listed as The Y Race Team, I can see why know one calls us the same thing.

I like the YRT logo.  And for short, it works great.  Especially if you know what YRT means.

If I'm talking, I say "The Y Race Team".  If I am typing to you all, I type YRT.

If someone doesn't have a clue about who we are, I say "The Pickens County Y Race Team".  Then I explain that we aren't a bunch of elite racers and that the "race" part stands for participating in races.

You should do the Y to Y.

I will not be doing the Y to Y as my piriformis issue has not magically disappeared.

- itri - 

pschriver

I just signed up for the Y2Y and noticed I have Y-Race Team as my affiliation

i will if not working- when do the clemson swims start? also, traci will you be wanting to go practice open water swims too?

Lori

pschriver

There have been people swimming this week. They are going to do Wed and Thursday this year. Make sure you join the "Greenville Area Triathlon Training Club" on Facebook to get updates.

tweisner

i will if not working- when do the clemson swims start? also, traci will you be wanting to go practice open water swims too?

Let me know when you want to go.  I will try to work out going with you.

- itri -