Pickens County Y Race Team

Group bike rides (Read 10 times)

pschriver

Potential dates for training rides,

Mothers Day tomorrow. 5/12/2013 I am driving my truck to the winery and then biking back to Pickens where Theresa and I will bike up and have a Mothers Day lunch. I would be happy to meet anyone at the Y at 11:00 an or the winery at 9:30. If  we meet at the Y I will SAG you and your bike back to the Y. 20 mile bike ride. Round trip if you start from the winery is 36 mile.

Monday for people with flexible work schedules is a 12 or 18 mile loop starting at 9:00 am. I plan to finish around 10:45 am to give time for the water aerobic class to leave.

Message, text or post here if any interest. Otherwise don't just wait at those areas because my time may be off a little and my routes are variable.

thank goodness my wife doesn't read these posts.  Mothers day lunch at the winery is a much better idea than what I came up with.  Peter, you might get lucky tonight.

Peter, how did the Clemson Tri go for you?

pschriver

It wasn't as much a romantic plan just  a better option then telling my wife I would be off on the bike for 3 hours and her mothers day would start after I got back.

Clemson went OK. I had a terrible run because of my plantar fascistic but still managed a 3rd in MC mostly because the fast guys failed to show. I think my foot is a little better and I will try and build my running mileage over the next few weeks. I was less than 2 minutes from first and know with a little effort I could have been there but overall I am happy with the results. FWIW I won another man-purse

Awesome Peter!!  I'm glad you had a good race.

Traci, how was your race???

tweisner

Peter, what about a group ride for Memorial Day morning?

I finished Clemson Tri in 1:34.  I struggled with the swim. Bike and run were both good.  The weather was perfect.  Lots of fun with good friends.  Thanks to all who gave me advice, wished me well, cheered me on, and checked on me afterwards.  All of that got me through the race.

- itri - 

pschriver

Congrats again Traci, the swim will only get easier.

I will check my schedule for Memorial Day. I should be off but there is a good chance I won't be. I can still do a 20 mile loop starting at the Pickens Y but if that is not enough it can be followed by a 12 mile loop to total 30. If I am off it would be a good day to go through Clemson or Eastatoe for a 30-40 mile loop.

I will also be doing an 18 mile loop Thurs at 9:30 am