Pickens County Y Race Team

Challenge (Read 82 times)

We are used to running for our own health benefits, but what about running for someone else's? I challenge you to run a charity race- maybe something close to your heart- and truly expend every ounce of running energy believing in that cause. Post your challenge run!

May 28th I will be riding in the Palmetto Peloton Project (P3) event.  All of the proceeds go towards cancer research.  I will be on Team Alexis Q in honor of one of my close friends ....Alexis Quarteraro (Nori Morgan's sister for those of you who know my running partner), is a 42 year old triathlete...battling Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.  Alexis is a strong beautiful woman, wife and mother of three.  Research is needed to develop new drugs to save her life, she is running out of options.  If you would like to participate in the ride or support me go to www.p3ride.org.

My prewash:)

Cindy that is great!!!  How far is your race? 

I think I am going to run the Shamrock 5K since it is for the Make a Wish Foundation.  What a great reason to run!Smile

"Carpe Diem"

Some of you have asked how to donate to my ride.  If you go on www.p3ride.org it should bring up the Stars and Stripes challenge.  Click "donate" and then look me up under "rider name".

Thank you sooooo much!!  Alexis just had minor surgery today and still plans to run the G.H.S. 1/2 Marathon on Saturday.  This woman is amazing!!!