Pickens County Y Race Team

Topic of the Week TOTW (Read 8 times)

pschriver

With our growing membership and the growing use of this forum I think it would be great to have a topic of the week to keep things interesting.

This week (or what is left of it) we can discuss "wives who out run their husbands" I personally had to endure this humiliation for about 2 years. I finally had my breakthrough race a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. The only time my wife will ever pass me again, you will see blood in the pavement and someone giving me CPR. In a later post I will give away 3 secrets to keep you from ever getting chicked again.

At a later time we can discuss how some guys are able to marry girls that are "Way out of their League" I expect to hear testimonials from Josh and Eric that answer the question "Why would she go out with him?"

In order to make sure my wife doesn't outrun me, I bring home a key lime pie every Friday and I buy her running shoes at Miracle Hill.

My secret to get her to marry me has to do with genetics.  (No, not "that", I'm referring to my sisters)  Kate fell in love with my sisters and then decided that she wanted to be part of the family.  Lucky her.... she has been barefoot and pregnant for the last 6 years.  But hey, at least I don't snore.

ehunter

With our growing membership and the growing use of this forum I think it would be great to have a topic of the week to keep things interesting.

This week (or what is left of it) we can discuss "wives who out run their husbands" I personally had to endure this humiliation for about 2 years. I finally had my breakthrough race a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. The only time my wife will ever pass me again, you will see blood in the pavement and someone giving me CPR. In a later post I will give away 3 secrets to keep you from ever getting chicked again.

At a later time we can discuss how some guys are able to marry girls that are "Way out of their League" I expect to hear testimonials from Josh and Eric that answer the question "Why would she go out with him?"

Kristi's wooden leg keeps her from being faster than me, but I'm not that far ahead of her - she is steadily creeping up on me.   Actually, at this point, she is a great deal faster than me.  I hope to be back running soon.

Being 'chicked' is a way of life for me...I'm accustomed to it.  There are a lot of fast women out there...much faster than I'll ever be.  Thats never really been a bone of contention with me, though.

As far as Kristi being out of my league, thats a query best reserved for her to answer...but I have a sneaky suspicion that she has always had an affinity for simple country guys with chicken legs and baby bumps.  Or perhaps she had reached the bottom of the barrel and decided to scrape it to see what was left...and taadaa, there I was!

tweisner

Every Thursday my daughter post an old picture on Instagram - she tells me it is Throwback Thursday.

Let's join in - post your favorite pic from way back when...our favorite decade  - the 80s.

And for those who would be posting baby pictures we can throw in the 90s.

- itri - 

tweisner

Ok, I'll go first.

1986 sophomore at Clemson

So how do you get pictures to post on here?

But after reading and seeing what happens to pictures on here I should seriously reconsider.

- itri - 

pschriver

I have tried to post pictures in the past and just gave up. I think you have to have a hosting site and link to it.