Pickens County Y Race Team

update (Read 11 times)

hey race teamers! a lot has happened in the last 2 weeks and I just wanted to give you guys an update.  My mom found out she has a type of blood cancer and so we made an unexpected trip to visit a couple weekends ago.  While we were there, me and kate talked about taking steps to move closer to her and the rest of my family because we'd want to be able to help and be able to spend as much time with them as possible.  So we ended up hearing about a house in Clermont that was a foreclosure and it was a good deal.  We decided that it was worth trying to get and we just got it under contract.  All of a sudden, things seem to be falling into place for us to move next month.  We are putting our house on the market tomorrow.  I can't believe how fast things are happening and I can't believe how much is going to have to happen in a very short time, but it seems like this is the right thing to do.  I'd appreciate a few prayers!

Also, we are trying to sell some stuff to help with down payment/moving expenses...

If anyone is interested in the following, let me know:

Profile Design Carbon Clincher race wheels (Alt Air 80's)

Shimano Ultegra shifters

Riding mower with trailer

nice dining room table & 4 chairs

assorted pictures of Kristi Hunter in swimsuit / lingerie

Most importantly:  our house!  1800 sq feet, 1 acre, powdersville school district...  we will sell it for a great price!  please let us know if you know someone who may be interested. thanks

p.s.  I mentioned possibly moving next month.  well after talking to our lender today, it may take longer.  we will just have to see how it goes and try to get our current house under contract.  lots of things are up in the air

kss

I'll give you $20 for the assorted pictures.

Josh,

I think that is a wonderful thing for yall to do for your Mom.  Its something that will mean more to her than anything else you could do for her!  I will keep your family in my prayers.  God will work out the details of your move!!

tweisner

p.s.  I mentioned possibly moving next month.  well after talking to our lender today, it may take longer.  we will just have to see how it goes and try to get our current house under contract.  lots of things are up in the air

Is there an update to the update?  What's going on with ya?

- itri - 

tweisner

Good luck on the new job tomorrow.  Hope it all goes well for you!  Let us know how things are going when you can.

- itri - 

Hey everyone!  I miss you guys!

well....  I got offered the job with Florida Virtual School last Thursday..  I resigned from Gettys (very tough to do) and last day was last Friday.  We had a garage sale on saturday and then drove to FL on sunday.  I started training for my job (Leadership Skills Development teacher) M-F of last week.  I train this coming week too, then I get studens.   My mom has stage 2 multiple Myeloma and she is supposed to start chemo next week plus a bunch of pills.  she had one injection already to strengthen her bones because one of her symptoms is bone degeneration.

We are still trying to get all the financing lined up for the house and it seems promising.  But we need someone to buy our powdersville house asap.

Clermont is nice... we are staying at my mom's house now.  3 boys in one room and me and kate (and my laptop/home virtual school office) in another room.  I did a little jogging this morning for the first time in weeks!

we might not be coming back until we close on the house (scheduled for next week).

wish us luck and pray for us if you run out of other things to pray about!!

tweisner

Sooooo...you're working at "Florida Virtual School".  How funny is that?  Sounds perfect for someone who runs on the treadmill, swims on the swim trainer, and bikes on the Tour de France bike trainer.

Ahhh, I'm kidding.  We miss you guys here.  Good to hear how things are going for you.  Most definitely prayers for your mom, you guys while living there, and the sell of your Powdersville house.  But I'm confused on "we might not be coming back until we close on the house (scheduled for next week)".  Close on what house?

Did you like running in Florida?  Was it a nice 80 degrees for your...wait...did you say "jog"?  Yes, you said you did a little jogging.  Oh my.

- itri -