Pickens County Y Race Team

Ironman Chattanooga (Read 7 times)

Hi group, hope everything is going well up there!

my favorite time of year is here....  I'm off for the summer.  for the next 2 months i just have house projects, IM training and family time.  On Saturday I did 60 m bike followed by 7 mi run.  It felt pretty good.  But according to IM training plans, I'm behind schedule!  Randy and Eric and Nikki are all training too and we check in on each other via text.  Eric is doing Ironman Boulder in August.  so his distances are way ahead of mine.  Is it too early to make predictions??  I think not....

Official IM Chattanooga Predictions:

Randy Parks:  11:15:30

Eric Hunter:  11:45:30

Nikki McCollum: 11:45:32

Josh Castleman: 12:17:45

pschriver

I would prefer to pick the USC/Clemson game. Best of luck to everyone. The date comes up quickly

tweisner

Hey guys.  What's going on?  I've been at the beach.

Josh, very cool and thanks for the update.  I like your predictions.  Keep us posted on your training and the others as well.  They don't talk as much as you.  So you keep us informed.

So does anyone want to go watch these guys and gal in Chattanooga?  It will be the closet I can get to a full Ironman.

I'm planning to do the aqua bike at Lake Logan.  Jared wants to do the International distance there.  So I'm tagging along in the aqua bike category.  Trying to get others to join in and make it a weekend.  Come one come all !!

- itri - 

I think the international sounds fun...have you registered yet? its filling up fast!

Lori

wow, Traci, you're calling me a blabbermouth? that is hurtful.

So I've heard Lake Logan is a great race.  One of my friends from church here will be doing the Lake Logan Half.

Maybe I will tell him to look for your YRT shirts.

Randy might be doing it too.

Well I set a P.R......

64 mile bike before 8 AM today.  outside.

Traci, thanks for the YRT email and member list.  you are doing a great job!

It's hot outside.

pschriver

The heat has been brutal. I had a meltdown after my ride Sunday. 97 degrees, unshaded and a steep hill at the end of a long ride is a bad combination. Going early is smart.

tweisner

I think the international sounds fun...have you registered yet? its filling up fast!

Yeah, so "Mr. I'm training for Lake Logan International" says he has to "check with his wife" when I asked him if he was signing up.  After he has convinced me we are doing it and is suppose to be booking a cabin.  Waiting to hear from him.

- itri - 

Ok will there be enough room for all of us? I know I've heard people say that finding lodging is difficult... I will have to ask off by next week to be guaranteed !

Lori

tweisner

Ok will there be enough room for all of us? I know I've heard people say that finding lodging is difficult... I will have to ask off by next week to be guaranteed !

Oh I didn't realize that about lodging.  I will see Jared tomorrow and we will discuss.  Thanks, Lori.

- itri - 

tweisner

Hi group, hope everything is going well up there!

my favorite time of year is here....  I'm off for the summer.  for the next 2 months i just have house projects, IM training and family time.  On Saturday I did 60 m bike followed by 7 mi run.  It felt pretty good.  But according to IM training plans, I'm behind schedule!  Randy and Eric and Nikki are all training too and we check in on each other via text.  Eric is doing Ironman Boulder in August.  so his distances are way ahead of mine.  Is it too early to make predictions??  I think not....

Official IM Chattanooga Predictions:

Randy Parks:  11:15:30

Eric Hunter:  11:45:30

Nikki McCollum: 11:45:32

Josh Castleman: 12:17:45

So Josh, give us an update.  How is it going for everyone?  Are you still holding on to your predictions?

- itri - 

Traci, I think I will keep those predictions so far...

But after reading the Ironman Chattannooga facebook page, I'm a little more concerned...

1) They say to not expect as much current in the river as last year

2) They say that it may not be wetsuit legal (barely legal last year)

3) The race director confirmed that the bike course will still be 4 miles long. (116mi)

4) The run is definitely very hilly

So.....  it should be fun.  My longest training ride so far is 66.

tweisner

Eric Hunter finished Ironman Boulder in 13 hours.

Next up is Ironman Chattanooga!

Hope the hamstrings are healing nicely, Josh.  Good luck with your training these last two months.

- itri - 

Eric Hunter finished Ironman Boulder in 13 hours.

Next up is Ironman Chattanooga!

Hope the hamstrings are healing nicely, Josh.  Good luck with your training these last two months.

Talked to Eric.  he said it was the worst race experience of his life.  he got anti-fog from his goggles in his eyes and they burned the entire race.  one of his eyes swelled shut and his vision was blurry in his other eye.  he will do much better in chatt.

pschriver

Congrats to Eric. The eye issue sounds miserable. Glad to here he is doing well.

tweisner

I think we should road trip to Chattanooga to watch you guys race!!

- itri -