Pickens County Y Race Team

Paris Mountain Triathlon April 6th (Read 5 times)

pschriver

I'm not sure if anyone is planning on this race but it is coming up soon. I haven't registered yet because I want to get a better idea of how the weather will be on race day. I have done the International race twice and it is a challenge. The swim portion is a breeze. It is listed as 500m but I doubt it is even that long. The bike is a blast. You ride a long, rolling ~14 mile circle abound the base to get warmed up. You then make the climb up and over the mountain. The climb is about 1/2 as long as Ceasar's Head but feels steeper and just as challenging. The descent over the other side is fast and treacherous with a couple of tight turns. The run has been reversed this year with the trail portion first and descending on the road. I can't really comment on the sprint race but I was told it is pretty flat.

FWIW I would be happy to preview the course on a group ride Sat if anyone has any interest, I like to start at the Clevland St. (Caine-Halter) Y and leave from there. It is 35-40 miles and would be at an easy, training pace. If there is any interest, let me know.