Pickens County Y Race Team

hats off to Traci (Read 106 times)

Traci, great job today in the Furman tri.  Isn't this only your 2nd or 3rd tri?  That was a tough bike course and i know you don't spend much time training on your bike.  You don't even have clips.  Looks like you beat 29 women and about 30 men.  Very impressive!!!! 

tweisner

Traci, great job today in the Furman tri.  Isn't this only your 2nd or 3rd tri?  That was a tough bike course and i know you don't spend much time training on your bike.  You don't even have clips.  Looks like you beat 29 women and about 30 men.  Very impressive!!!! 

Wow, thanks Josh.  After all the junk I have dished out to you about Pedal Chic?  That was really nice.  But that is not nearly as impressive as you finishing 264 out of 973 participants in Chattanooga.  That means you beat a whopping 709 other people.  Very cool!

It was a fun day and I was glad to be there.  Thanks again!

- itri - 

So how do you feel? were you sore afterward? are you glad you did it or was it too agonizing?

tweisner

Surprisingly, I wasn't sore.  I was able to walk without compliations this morning.  That is always a good sign.  I am extremely glad I did it and look forward to doing another one.  The next one will be an open water swim.  Time to move past the pool swim.  Waiting 45-50 minutes to get in the pool was not fun.  I was ready to get moving.  Completing is still the goal.  Competing is waaayyy to hard.  And one a year is good, so that gives me a year to work on Paris Mountain Sprint.

- itri - 

pschriver

I have bad news. The Paris mountain swim start is TT style where you line up again and start one at a time. International people start first so expect another long wait.

Congrats on a great race

I have bad news. The Paris mountain swim start is TT style where you line up again and start one at a time. International people start first so expect another long wait.

Congrats on a great race

True but Paris will go much faster than Furman pool start.  They had to keep delaying the starts so that the bozos who lied about their swim times could finish walking/hopping/doggie paddling across the pool.  the start went one right after another at Paris Mtn.

Or, Traci, by next year you could easily be ready for the mass start at Clemson Tri.