Pickens County Y Race Team

Pumped Playlist (Read 158 times)

What songs get you moving?
    ehunter

I have about the widest range of music on my ipod that you can imagine.  Genres from Rock, Contemporary Christian, R and B, Top 40, and everything in between...from Bon Jovi to Toby Mac to Rihanna to Van Halen to Nikki Minaj to Cold Play to Casting Crowns to MercyMe to Nelly to Nickleback to Building 429 to Train to Kelley Clarkson to Third Eye Blind to Flo Rida to Enrique Iglasias to Maroon Five to Brad Paisley to Cee Lo to Blake Shelton to Skillet to Alabama to.....it goes on and on.

My Go-To group is definitely Coldplay.  other motivational groups i like: Chili Peppers, The Killers, Muse and of course Neil Diamond.

pschriver

No ABBA fans?

No ABBA fans?

i have the box set (and unfortunately, i'm not kidding) 

ehunter

i have the box set (and unfortunately, i'm not kidding) 

Not to mention those 'Captain and Tennille' 8 track tapes I saw in your car.

I youtubed Captain and Tennille, having no clue who they were... then I googled muskrats, again unsure what they were. The experience was... strangely embarrassing.
                ehunter

I youtubed Captain and Tennille, having no clue who they were... then I googled muskrats, again unsure what they were. The experience was... strangely embarrassing.

Kinda tells you how old I am...

tweisner

I think it all sounds great.  You all should bring your pumped playlist to our next YRT get together and DJ the party.  Also, Captain and Tennille was my very first ablum to play on my very first record player that I got for Christmas in the fifth grade.  Love will keep us together.  Awesome!  And as far as ABBA goes, it took me listening to them as oldies to figure out what afternoon delight meant. But I've always been a dancing queen!

- itri - 

ehunter

I think it all sounds great.  You all should bring your pumped playlist to our next YRT get together and DJ the party.  Also, Captain and Tennille was my very first ablum to play on my very first record player that I got for Christmas in the fifth grade.  Love will keep us together.  Awesome!  And as far as ABBA goes, it took me listening to them as oldies to figure out what afternoon delight meant. But I've always been a dancing queen!

Do you remember the "Captain and Tennille Variety Show" that came on Thursday nights?  I believe it came on the right before/after "The Mac Davis" show.  I watched the show but would never admit to owning their albums.

Afternoon Delight was one of my favorite songs when I was in either 2nd or 3rd grade, and until you just mentioned it and made me give it some thought, I never realized what the song was about.  Maybe thats why my best friends mom always laughed at me when i walked around singing it.