Pickens County Y Race Team

Superfood protein drink (Read 9 times)

I know we've ridden this rodeo before, folks... BUT, I'm always in the hunt for a high protein, tasty powdered supplement.

Experimented with hemp powders (earthy tasting...read: yuck, egg white powders (pricey), muscle milk (heavy on the whey) and a variety of ensure-type drinks (nasty if warm).

Giving this brand a go.

http://www.livingfuel.com/Default2.aspx

Anyone dabbled? 

pschriver

Nope, I like food way too much.

http://thepaleodiet.com/

will it help me lose weight

Lori

tweisner

I looked at the website.  It reminds me of the man who promotes "the hallelujah diet".  I went to hear him speak about his products and his theories on eating.  Pretty much I had to buy his products in order to be healthy and drink that two times a day.  No...he is just trying to sell me his product.

The LivingFuel website & KC Craichy says:

"Understanding the health and healing benefits of optimal nutrition, KC began to search for the ‘perfect’ nutritional product or food that would help Monica in her health challenges.  The problem was, he could not find that product – it did not exist.  With Monica’s encouragement, KC committed himself to developing such a product.  In collaboration with some leading nutritional experts, KC developed what is now Living Fuel SuperGreens. Through the formulation, KC ensured every ingredient was the highest quality available, regardless of cost"

So he could not find the 'perfect' food out of all the stuff God created for us to eat...so HE developed it.  Nahhhh...he just trying to sell his product, too.  And it may be a great product.

But I will just eat my greens as they are.

I am a Muscle Milk girl.  It doesn't claim to cure anything...its not the perfect food...the container says "it complements a smart eating and hydration plan, that when combined with a balanced exercise or resistance training program, may contribute to weight management and recovery from exercise."  That, I agree with.

- itri - 

tweisner

will it help me lose weight

If you still need to lose weight with all the exercise you do, you are eating too much McDonalds and Wendys.

- itri - 

tweisner

I know we've ridden this rodeo before, folks... BUT, I'm always in the hunt for a high protein, tasty powdered supplement.

Experimented with hemp powders (earthy tasting...read: yuck, egg white powders (pricey), muscle milk (heavy on the whey) and a variety of ensure-type drinks (nasty if warm).

Giving this brand a go.

http://www.livingfuel.com/Default2.aspx

Anyone dabbled? 

But have you tried that breast milk yet?  the baby likes it warm!

- itri - 

pschriver

I agree with Traci on this one. Take it straight from the animal or fresh out of the ground and prepare it yourself.  She threw in a curve ball with the Muscle Milk but I will admit, I will chug an Ensure at work out of sheer convenience.

My best advice to girls who are feeling a little "fluffy" is to stroll through the BiLo in Pickens. You will feel much better about yourself.

Be careful sneaking those at work the lunch ladies can be nasty

Lori