Pickens County Y Race Team

Post race meal? (Read 97 times)

I'm food-centered these (and the next consecutive 200+) days. Since talking about food currently gives me almost as much pleasure as eating it, I'm curious, what's your favorite post-race noms? **Josh, Peter and probably Eric, do not include foods prepared with baby goat or suckling pig or newborn koala... or anything else that will make me run for the toilet- seriously, I've had my fill**

tweisner

I'm always food-centered.  I would have to go for large vegetable pizza, eggplant parmesan / lasagna or any veggie pasta.  If there is a PF Chang's, you can get a tofu/veggie stir-fry.  Or if you go mexican you can get a bean quesadilla and a veggie quesadilla.  Or you could get some french fries with your veggie burger.  Or you could go to Cracker Barrel and get and egg and tomato on sour dough with hash browns. Or a plate full of nut and grain pancakes from IHOP or the veggie omlet and grits.  Lots of great choices.  Enjoy!

Great, now I'm hungry.

- itri - 

well the way i understand is that you need protein within 45 min of finishing a long event or your body will start breaking down muscle.  So it would be nice to have a protein drink right when you finish... but as far as a meal, I always crave a big fat cheeseburger and fries with a sweet tea and a beer. 

tweisner

well the way i understand is that you need protein within 45 min of finishing a long event or your body will start breaking down muscle.  So it would be nice to have a protein drink right when you finish... but as far as a meal, I always crave a big fat cheeseburger and fries with a sweet tea and a beer. 

The Hardees commercials don't get to her the way they do you.

- itri - 

pschriver

Whatever they have at the race site that looks fairly healthy. I'm not real picky

ehunter

I'll usually eat the food on site post race, but always crave junk that I normally don't eat - right after IMLouisville I hopped into a TGIF near the finish line and ate a bacon cheeseburger with fries, a baked potato, and a salad..  I always crave ice cream or milkshakes as well, and try to find the nearest DQ for a Blizzard.  Man, I love those things.  After a big race, I eat like that usually through the next day before getting back on the program.