Pickens County Y Race Team

Savannah Rock N Roll (Read 9 times)

well I just signed up for the marathon on Nov. 8th...

haven't been doing any long runs lately--so it won't surprise me if I end up switching to the half.

Anybody else interested?

My wife wants to visit her grandparents and I have a college buddy doing the race, so i just figured, what the heck...

atripp71

Me And My Husband Are Doing The Half In Savannah Great Easy Route

ive done the marathon and i've considered the half this year.  it is super fun and mostly fast/flat course.  i love savannah! i'll let you know if i decide to.

Lori

tweisner

well I just signed up for the marathon on Nov. 8th...

haven't been doing any long runs lately--so it won't surprise me if I end up switching to the half.

Anybody else interested?

My wife wants to visit her grandparents and I have a college buddy doing the race, so i just figured, what the heck...

Here are all of my reactions:

1) You're insane.

2) That really ticks me off cause I signed up for a marathon and am not getting to do it.

3) She says sniffling, "I just want to run something."

4) Congratulations.  That's great.  Sounds like fun.  I hope it goes great for ya.

5) I'm going back to "You're insane .  You don't train for a marathon in 10 weeks!!"

- itri - 

tweisner

Lawson Clary and, I think, Patrick Rivers are doing Savannah marathon.

I am thinking of doing the 5K at Spinx.  The Big Punkin 5K.  I need to do something to feel like a running person again.

- itri - 

tweisner

Lawson Clary and, I think, Patrick Rivers are doing Savannah marathon.

I am thinking of doing the 5K at Spinx.  The Big Punkin 5K.  I need to do something to feel like a running person again.

Mollie Respass is doing Savannah marathon too

- itri - 

wow it's exciting that so many people are doing (and potentially doing) savannah.  It makes me want to start training!!!

looking forward to seeing you guys!

tweisner

Lawson Clary - Half Marathobn

Mollie Respass - Marathon

Josh Castleman - Marathon

Angela Tripp - Half Marathon

Eric Tripp - Half Marathon

that's what I know so far.

Anyone else?

- itri - 

Traci, it looks like your miles are up to 8!  Yay you are getting better!  Will you be doing Tri the Ridge?

I am going to do the half marathon at spinx run fest, is anyone else doing it?

Lori

tweisner

Traci, it looks like your miles are up to 8!  Yay you are getting better!  Will you be doing Tri the Ridge?

I am going to do the half marathon at spinx run fest, is anyone else doing it?

I have just been walking two miles everyday.  Running wasn't working and I wasn't getting better. So I am not running until my pain is gone.  Swimming and walking and some strength work.

I did sign up for the Spinx 5K.  Maybe I will be able to do that.  If I can't run it I will walk it.

- itri - 

Well hopefully it will get better with walking- if u haven't already, you may consider an MRI / scans since it's taking so long to get well.

Lori

tweisner

Its really a host of problems.  And they just complicate one another.

Its not just one thing.

I've been told lots of stuff.  Here's the list:

I have a leg length discrepancy

I have a tilted pelvis.  Tilts forward on the right side and/or  Anterior pelvic tilt.

I have seen an x-ray that shows the pelvis slightly off center.

I have congenital spinal stenosis.

I have degenerative disk.

I have a slight curve in my spine so if I tried to correct the leg length it would make the curve worse.

I have weak hips, tight hip flexors, glutes that don't fire, tight hamstrings.

Poor movement patterns.

Pelvic instability, more so on the right side.

And there is more from the x-ray - I just cant remember it all. Stuff about the way my spine developed when I was growing.

Pretty much anything that can be wrong with your pelvis/low back area is wrong with mine.  And it all makes running difficult.  I can do it for a while. Then it just breaks down.

So I thought about an MRI but it would probably tell me I have Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction along with everything else.

There's more than you ever wanted to know about that.

I may eventually get an MRI.  But right now I'm just tired.  I don't really want to hear anything else wrong with me.

- itri - 

Traci, at least you have a good personality and a heart of gold!

p.s. I think i have most of the same probs with my lower back.

tweisner

Traci, at least you have a good personality and a heart of gold!

p.s. I think i have most of the same probs with my lower back.

You're the best!!!  I hope you don't have the same probs.

Hey, how is your marathon training going?

- itri - 

It's going ok...

Haven't had a lot of time, but i'm squeezing in a long run every now and then.  10 mi is my longest and it was tough.  26.2 will be nearly impossible for me.  but it will be fun trying!