Pickens County Y Race Team

2/20/2 Duathlon Feb 16 2013 (Read 10 times)

pschriver

http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2177

I know it's a short notice and I had not planned on attending this race because of scheduling but the date was changed and now I am free to do the event. It would be a good event for the swim challenged people. I not sure if I would call it a good first timer race because it looks like a fast crowd. i hope some other people have interest in this event

tweisner

When I was in Carolina Tri Saturday, some of those guys said they were doing it.  But I decided to do the one on March 30 cause Josh said he was taking us out to lunch for Eric's birthday.

- itri - 

you got my attention with "swim challenged" but I will be at myrtle that day.  plus it sounds like a cold ride!

pschriver

5 days until the duathlon this weekend. They have less than 100 spots left. Should be a good event. I know a fair number of people will be heading to beach this week-end for the marathon. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

tweisner

By the way, Peter, how did the 2/20/2 Duathlon go?  Nice event?  Good turn out?  How did you do?  I know I am about to get all the race results for February, but I was wondering how this went for you.

- itri - 

pschriver

By the way, Peter, how did the 2/20/2 Duathlon go?  Nice event?  Good turn out?  How did you do?  I know I am about to get all the race results for February, but I was wondering how this went for you.

The turnout wasn't too bad considering the weather. It was cold and drizzly followed by a little snow. There were around 180 reg. and around 140 raced. It would have been a great race if the weather was better. I was 2nd in my age group. I ran really easy for the first 2 miles so I could have a decent bike ride and then planned to run hard for the 2nd run. By the time I got off the bike my toes were frozen solid. I switched into my running shoes and ran out of transition with my bike helmet on. I didn't figure it out until about 1/4 of a mile when I realized I had more than my beanie on my head. As I ran back to transition the guy who beat me went by. Rookie mistake on my part. I still got a silver "Man Purse" as an award. I would do the event again but wait until I was sure the weather forecast was good.

tweisner

Hahaha, that is so funny.  Congrats on 2nd in AG.  Those kinds of things just add character and make for great stories.

February races are always tough weather wise.

- itri -