Pickens County Y Race Team

Marty... (Read 13 times)

Dee mentioned that you are an excellent swimmer and that you helped her analyze her stroke...

Would you be willing to help some of us get faster in the pool?  (well, at least me)

tryingtoimprove1

Absolutely yes. Give me a call and we can meet up at the pool. 864-918-3579

I am planning on being at the meeting tomorrow for the possible swim team

tryingtoimprove1

Josh, when do you go to the pool to do your swim workouts? We could do a couple of workouts?

So did the meeting go down? A handful of us planned on  attending, but text back and forth in the morning and decided the pool wouldn't be open. Plus, my kids hate storms and would have been kicked out of child watch for rioting.

The meeting was good, one lifeguard worked with beginners on improving strokes/learning new strokes, etc.  The advanced people swam together at the other end of the pool and worked on drills I think.  I actually received more help from other team members!  kudos to Marty for helping with my kick Smile

Lori

tryingtoimprove1

You are going to do Great in the tri Lori!

pschriver

I think the first session went fine until we got to the part where Marty said  "For example, like when I pass Pete on the bike .........."

if  i can get past my 10 minute 100 meter swim then i'll be passing both of ya'll on my bike.

Lori

Josh, when do you go to the pool to do your swim workouts? We could do a couple of workouts?

Well, I don't make it to Pickens all that often, but I might be able to come Saturday morning.  Are you interested in swimming then?  Are you signing up for the Greenville Sprint?  You better be.

Who all is in for Greenville?

Randy

Traci

Peter

Angela

Michael R.

Me

who else?

pschriver

I saw Elizabeth R was signed up also.

I didn't realize you and Traci were signed up? At least you got in before the price bump

tryingtoimprove1

LOL, I don't know if that is exactly what I said Pete. LOL. I think I was just trying to point out to Lori that the competition in a race will make you strive harder to beat the person in front of you. You definately will be in front of me on the bike Pete but I will strive to beat you and that in itself will improve my time. LOL

pschriver

LOL, I don't know if that is exactly what I said Pete. LOL. I think I was just trying to point out to Lori that the competition in a race will make you strive harder to beat the person in front of you. You definately will be in front of me on the bike Pete but I will strive to beat you and that in itself will improve my time. LOL

You will be in front of me because of the swim but you will see me once as I go flying by on the bike. I call that part of the race "passing the swimmers". Only 5 weeks left to find out.

tryingtoimprove1

Yes it is unfortunate that my strength is the shortest part of a tri. I rode 22 mi today but I only avg 15 MPH. I am kinda a sucky biker but still tryin.

pschriver

I wouldn't focus on speed right now. Just try to get as much mileage in as possible. Strong consistent pressure on the pedals will build endurance. Hill repeats and interval training come later

Yes it is unfortunate that my strength is the shortest part of a tri. I rode 22 mi today but I only avg 15 MPH. I am kinda a sucky biker but still tryin.

22 miles @ 15 mph isn't bad.  plus i'm sure you had some stop signs and big hills.  Are you riding aero yet?